Major Problem: "Firefox... not responding" Message

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
schapel

Re: Major Problem: "Firefox... not responding" Message

Post by schapel »

jimbobbillyjoe wrote:I assume it is a firefox problem as it coincides with my update of firefox 3. Also many people seem to have the same problem, yet the only software we have in common is firefox and vista. Not sure why you would assume anything other then a firefox problem.

FWIW I did look at that page and none of the items worked or are applicable to me. Sadly Im using IE now to type this. :cry:

I'm not assuming anything. Most people who seem to have read and followed the directions on that page (and the others it links to) are able to fix their problem. If you follow all the items, you will discover that there is information you can give us to track down what the problem is. What are the steps to reproduce? What is the regression range? If you give us that information, we can start treating it as a problem with Firefox. If not, there's nothing more we can do.
passingby

Post by passingby »

same problem mulitiple time even after did a (really) clean ff3 install.
my probelm is on vista only.
now i am using ie to find a fix for ff! ha! whoever used to blame ie for everything must thing again!

anyway, i been to that page people talking about "http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_hangs "
and no, it does not help me.

hope ff got a real fix for their bug soon, or if anyone know where i can download the older version? :-k
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

This thread has become far to general to be of much use. Locking. Folks with unresolved issues should start a new thread with specific information on their problems.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."