Split screen

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
atrueoriginall

Post by atrueoriginall »

One more thing I can do, which is what I'm doing now through the day is instead of opening up a new window at the Firefox logo, I'm having to Open In New Window from the previous application that I'm still in. That is the only way I can get a full window, outside of the CTRL+B twice. It's all a pain in the rear since it's not the way it was for the last two years. lol
frcan

Post by frcan »

Did you try to right-click the task bar > Undo tile, or, click on Vertically?
atrueoriginall

Post by atrueoriginall »

Where are you exactly.
frcan

Post by frcan »

The taskbar at the bottom of your screen were the opened programs show.
atrueoriginall

Post by atrueoriginall »

Gotcha. No, I just get another split screen when I open up a new window and I tried all avenues there already anyway. I have to laugh though because when I clicked "vertically" I had four windows open at the time and suddenly and they all became one window.
atrueoriginall

Post by atrueoriginall »

By the way, I didn't see undo tile on my task bar. That's why I asked you - Where are you at exactly.
frcan

Post by frcan »

I tried every key on my keyboard, but cannot reproduce the behavior. I am out of ideas too :?
atrueoriginall

Post by atrueoriginall »

lol, I guess I don't feel stupid anymore asking the question. I though it was just me ROFLMSO. lol

Well, I hope someone comes along with an answer. I'm almost tempted to add the Split Screen Add On just so I can permanently remove it. lol
atrueoriginall

Post by atrueoriginall »

Since I've got someone's attention, could you tell me how to reduce a whole window. I go to Yahoo games occasionally and they have these (almost) 3 inch high ads on the game lobbies. I hate to say it but I've been going in while using my Explorer, just so I can reduce the size of the lobby.

So is there a way to reduce the Firefox window size?
atrueoriginall

Post by atrueoriginall »

I still have a two-frame split screen and I do not have the Add On for split screens or anything else associated with split screens.
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

You can post a screenshot of those split windows (or screens or tabs)?
Are you sure that you do not have an extension that can open web sites in the side bar?

You can start Firefox in -safe-mode to check if your problem is caused by an extension.
atrueoriginall

Post by atrueoriginall »

I'm positive that I don't have any such extensions and if you go to page one you'll see both my screen shots of the two frame split screen and also of my Add-Ons.
trolly

Post by trolly »

I'm still the opinion that that is a bookmark in the sidebar. Question is which one?
Think for yourself. Otherwise you have to believe what other people tell you.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
Constitution says: One man, one vote. Supreme court says: One dollar, one vote.
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

As far as the ad goes, you could use Remove it Permanently or Adblock Plus to get rid of it.
atrueoriginall

Post by atrueoriginall »

I've given up trying to figure out the split screen thing. I'm just right clicking "open to new window" instead. Not worth the time it's taken me to find the problem.

The ad is a Yahoo game lobby ad. That's their bread and butter. I can't imagine anyone being able to remove them. Here, try it. Gotta use a yahoo ID to get in though.
http://games.yahoo.com/games/ante