Split screen

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
atrueoriginall

Post by atrueoriginall »

This is so stupid I know but where in the heck do I get rid of a split screen.

Occasionally I'll get one by accidentally hitting the wrong keys while doing a copy/paste and then it'll mysteriously disappear. Well, it's reappeared and I'm currently stuck with it now and have looked high and low trying to figure out how to rid myself of it. I know it's staring me in the face but I can't find it. Thx.
SK.

Post by SK. »

Firefox? Thunderbird? Can you provide a screen shot of what you are seeing? See this knowledge base page for instructions.
John 3:16 and Philippians 4:13
atrueoriginall

Post by atrueoriginall »

SK.

Post by SK. »

Thanks.

Which version of Firefox? Which extensions? Which operating system?
John 3:16 and Philippians 4:13
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Do you have an add on called Split Browser?
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
atrueoriginall

Post by atrueoriginall »

No.
trolly

Post by trolly »

Looks like you have loaded a bookmark in the sidebar. Check your bookmarks (including the one on the toolbar) if one of them refers to the page shown and then open the bookmark properties. There is a checkbox "Load in side bar".
Think for yourself. Otherwise you have to believe what other people tell you.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
Constitution says: One man, one vote. Supreme court says: One dollar, one vote.
atrueoriginall

Post by atrueoriginall »

No, it doesn't open bookmarks in my sidebar. I've used that in the past and so I know what you mean. When I open up a new page, I get two blanks - one is the reg page with Google Search only and the other frame is whatever I worked on last and had already closed. It'll be anything from a website to another search page but never bookmarks.

That's the first thing I did was go to the sidebar area in View.

Windows XP, Version 2002, Service Pack 2
Firefox - 2.0.0.14
Extensions are.....
An Exif viewer and talk back 2.0.0.11
atrueoriginall

Post by atrueoriginall »

And, the only add ons I have are the extensions I mentioned already and themes of which there is a Firefox default theme 2.0 and some Vista Internet Explorer thingy, which I don't use since I don't have Vista.
atrueoriginall

Post by atrueoriginall »

Here's a picture of my Add Ons. I went into search weeks ago trying to figure it out and I saw that Add On but I also saw that removal of the split screen was in the Add On program so I knew that wasn't my problem since I didn't have it.

Here is what my Add Ons look like and as you can see, I have no frills whatsoever.

raquier

Post by raquier »

never see this plug Image
atrueoriginall

Post by atrueoriginall »

And don't forget that I accidentally got this split screen due to hitting the wrong keys while copy/pasting.

I hit something other than either CTRLc and CTRLv and the split screen popped up. So whatever I hit, like CTRL (something else) or Shift (CTRL and then something else) that's how I got the split screen.
frcan

Post by frcan »

Ctrl+B, maybe....
atrueoriginall

Post by atrueoriginall »

I can get split screens all day long. I just can't get rid of them permanently. That's the problem.

I can hit CTRL+B twice and I can get rid of it, but as soon as I open up another Firefox window I get a brand new split screen and have to hit CTRL+B twice again. I just want to be able to open up my window with no split screen.
frcan

Post by frcan »

Try to Right click on the Taskbar> undo tile.