Firefox 3 Won't Start

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
VanillaMozilla

Re: Firefox 3 Won't Start

Post by VanillaMozilla »

Be sure to file a crash report. That way, if it is actually a Firefox problem, it will be found and fixed.

Post by Guest »

I found a work around for my "Error Registering accessiblemarshal.dll"
I downloaded a night zip build of FF3 RC2 and extracted it to a folder.
I did an FF3 installation that resulted in the same error. The c:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox" directory was created.
I copied the contents of the zip extraction to that c:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox and reran the installation. This time accessiblemarshal.dll registration succeeded.

Post by Guest »

charplat wrote:I had the same problem outlined above...Firefox 3 would not start and it was not a profile issue. This was a problem on just one of three computers, and a comparison found that Google Desktop was only installed on the offending computer. Uninstalled Google Desktop and Firefox works fine now.

Note: I had already uninstalled Firefox 3 prior to uninstalling Google Desktop, so I don't know if you can uninstall Google Desktop without removing Firefox 3 and still have it work.

I fixed my problems by merely stopping Google Desktop. Don't know yet whether they will reappear when it restarts, but as soon as I stopped it, FF3 came up. Hope this helps someone. :D

Post by Guest »

>>>>I simply installed Firefox 3 in it's own directory, ex: C:\Firefox 3\ instead of C:\Firefox\

worked for me too.
donsmith

Post by donsmith »

I stand 100% corrected. I uninstalled GDT because I needed to install the latest enterprise version on this machine. Standard uninstall and reinstall of GDT. For kicks I tried to start FF3 again. It works!! woo hoo. Totally random, but working!!!!
MgNoMin

Post by MgNoMin »

Reinstall using the custom installation method. When asked which directory to install use: "C:\Program Files\Mozilla\Firefox"

Then I copied over my plugins, skins, and what not...

Worked for me... hope it does for you guys

Post by Guest »

Network Demi-God wrote:I hope this works for the rest of you, I found a solution that worked for me.

I simply installed Firefox 3 in it's own directory, ex: C:\Firefox 3\ instead of C:\Firefox\

Worked!

Post by Guest »

Well I got mine to work by uninstalling firefox then going to program files and then completly deleting the C:/programfiles/firefox folder which the uninstaller does not remove. Then installing firefox 3 again. This time it is working!!
k8cpa

Post by k8cpa »

Add me to pile... FF3 is a slug, they need to fix it, badly... I run Windows Vista Basic, 1 gig of memory, Dell Laptop, damn thing won't start.

FIX IT!

Now back to FF2 0.14 till someone learns to program...

[edit]I have edited your language as this is a family forum.LIMPET235.Mod.[/edit]
sciguyryan
Folder@Home

Post by sciguyryan »

It's not the fault of the developers, it is likely that something you've done or installed has affected it considering how it works brilliantly on many other computers. So we come to the obvious question: are you just going to complain or are you asking for help?
Cheers!

Ryan Jones
sciguyryan
Folder@Home

Post by sciguyryan »

It's not the fault of the developers, it is likely that something you've done or installed has affected it considering how it works brilliantly on many other computers. So we come to the obvious question: are you just going to complain or are you asking for help?
Cheers!

Ryan Jones
k8cpa

Post by k8cpa »

Add me to the pile.

FF3 will not start, at all.

Running Windows Visa Basic on a Dell Inspiron 1501 Laptop.

Back to ff2 0.14 for me and I'll stay there, till I hear that ff3 works. FF3 too also is a Memory hog still, I cannot believe that they haven't fixed that.
k8cpa

Post by k8cpa »

RyanJ wrote:It's not the fault of the developers, it is likely that something you've done or installed has affected it considering how it works brilliantly on many other computers. So we come to the obvious question: are you just going to complain or are you asking for help?

[edit]Please do not use that language.LIMPET235.Mod.[/edit]
sciguyryan
Folder@Home

Post by sciguyryan »

I'll just ignore your last post if you don't mind :)

Have you tried any of the solutions posted in the thread thus far? Have you for example uninstalled Firefox, removed the install directly and reinstalled it.

As for the memory issues, it is most likely an extension that you are using. Can you provide us with a list please? It may be worth you loading Firefox in safe mode with the same pages to see if it still affects you. If not then it's either a plugin or an extension causing your problem.
Cheers!

Ryan Jones
k8cpa

Post by k8cpa »

Just fix it and quit trying to blame others....