Firefox 3 Won't Start

User Help for Mozilla Firefox

Re: Firefox 3 Won't Start

Post by Guest »

Uninstalling (but not a total uninstall, thereby preserving previous components, extensions and plugins as is in C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox) and then reinstalling it in a new, clean directory (C:\Program Files\Firefox3) worked for me too. My bookmarks and previously installed plugins were all still there. It even restored the tabs from my previous session, which it often does not do after an upgrade. Seems like the best solution to try first after evaluating all of the options tried in this thread, given that it seems to have a high likelihood of succeeding and SFAIK no customizations, personal data or even session data are impacted.
tribune109

Post by tribune109 »

donsmith wrote:I'm having trouble starting Firefox 3. I had the same problem with previous beta versions, but even today's release still gets me no where:

http://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/i ... 8-06-17-13

I've tried everything that I can find to try: firewall setting, Windows 2000 compatibility check, fresh install - nothing out of the norm and nothing seems to work. Anyone else having the same problem?

Amen. Update to version 3 was the worst thing I've done in a while. No 'new windows' will open, multiple crashes, etc. Mac User. OS X
David222

Post by David222 »

I suddenly had problems with Firefox starting up too. Strangely, changing the install directory to "Firefox 3" solved the problem. Starts up fine now.
toddfodd

Post by toddfodd »

As I can see, I am not alone; I updated to the next version of Firefox 2 today and after installing version
3 it did not run at all. It seems that the beta version still is not working... :?:

Post by Guest »

Network Demi-God wrote:I hope this works for the rest of you, I found a solution that worked for me.

I simply installed Firefox 3 in it's own directory, ex: C:\Firefox 3\ instead of C:\Firefox\

HAHA, that worked, strange, but true, now im running 3.0.3
chesterxgchen

Post by chesterxgchen »

Firefox 3 and IceWease both won't start on my newly install Debian box.
VanillaMozilla

Post by VanillaMozilla »

chesterxgchen wrote:Firefox 3 and IceWease both won't start on my newly install Debian box.

Ouch. Two suggestions:
1. Start a new thread, with "Debian" in the title. You've got a Linux installation problem. You probably won't get the right eyes on it in this thread.

2. You could always install Ubuntu. That works for sure. You can just try the live CD to convince yourself. (Ordinarily I would be posting from Ubuntu.)

Post by Guest »

Thanks Ken
Unregistering AccessibleMarshall.dll worked for me. The problem appears to have arrived with a security update from Mozilla