Hotmail Reverted To Classic With Firefox 3

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
kieranwyse

Re: Hotmail Reverted To Classic With Firefox 3

Post by kieranwyse »

Yes it is Microsoft browser sniffing. Follow the details outline here.

http://www.geticeweasel.org/useragent/

You need tell hotmail you are using Firefox 2 on windows XP and hay presto it works :). OK not perfectly but at least I can reply to emails. . I am running Ubuntu so it has nothing to to with the operating system.

OK I know I should change email account but it is a hassle.
DAC324

Post by DAC324 »

Hello,

did anyone try this with the latest trunk builds? I have the problem that Hotmail seems to accept the fake User-Agent (I get my mails listed) but I am not able to open any of them. Actually, nothing happens when clicking on any mail to open it.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b2pre) Gecko/20081121 Minefield/3.1b2pre ID:20081121034512

Any hints?

Thank you very much in advance and kind regards,

DAC324
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

DAC324-
You would be better served by posting this question in the Firefox Builds Forum. Since you are using the pre beta your problem might be something totally different.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
steviex

Post by steviex »

There is an outstanding regression in the Trunk Builds...... https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=462428

Apparently, it was intentionally broken.....

It is known about, and is on the list.... I think they are dealing with other, more pressing matters first. (Like getting TraceMonkey to work correctly, without crashing)

Hotmail users are, I am afraid, way down on the list.

If you want to use Hotmail, use a STABLE version of Firefox, like 3.0.4
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.
avalon1496

Post by avalon1496 »

Anonymous wrote:I'm having the same problem.
Could it be that the Microsoft Hotmail has hobbled their competitions Firefox, or vise versa?
So how to you correct this problem ?
steviex

Post by steviex »

avalon 1496 and anyone else... See my above post...

Additionally,
Use any other Browser than Minefield or Shiretoko to access Hotmail while this bug is still unfixed.

It is on the list, and will get looked at in due course, I would imagine it will get fixed before the Final release of Firefox 3.1.

REMEMBER Minefield and Shiretoko are PRERELEASE TEST versions of Firefox, and you should NOT expect everything to work right.

If you do want everything to work right, then use a STABLE RELEASE of Firefox, namely 3.0.5

If you are having problems with Firefox 3.0.5 then Clear your Cache and Cookies.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.