Hotmail Reverted To Classic With Firefox 3

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
steviex

Re: Hotmail Reverted To Classic With Firefox 3

Post by steviex »

^^ Just so as you know, if you use IE Tab, you ARE actually running IE in that tab. All IE settings and functionality (or lack of) are used in that tab....
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.
FooWoo

Post by FooWoo »

Hotmail is working fine for me (thank God), but still not working for other services such as "favorites" :(
I wonder are they going to fix that or this is best that Microsoft can do ?
steviex

Post by steviex »

:shrug: I think you need to ask Ricky from Microsoft about that one.....

Its totally up to Microsoft whether they choose to support Firefox for these services.
If it was me, I would use a service that does support the environment that I choose to use. Feet, Voting with.

There are many other solutions out there that do not involve Microsoft..
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.
squall_leonhart

Post by squall_leonhart »

Microsoft have begun rolling the update out across the mailboxes, if the site is still displaying in classic mode, it means the mailbox your account is on has not been updated.

steviex wrote::shrug: I think you need to ask Ricky from Microsoft about that one.....

Its totally up to Microsoft whether they choose to support Firefox for these services.
If it was me, I would use a service that does support the environment that I choose to use. Feet, Voting with.

There are many other solutions out there that do not involve Microsoft..

No need, Microsoft are aware of the problem with Favourites and are going to implement a fix as soon as they have one.

my.live.com is also severely broken in 3.0, Live teams have already been notified.

Post by Guest »

on my pc, i can only open the light version, and not due to FF3, because the full version doesn't even open in IE
steviex

Post by steviex »

Have you followed the Troubleshooting Suggestions by Microsoft ? Have you followed the Upgrade Procedure ?
Clear your Cache and Cookies on Firefox and IE, and follow the procedure Microsoft wants you to follow to Upgrade your Account.
I would use IE to do this, to make sure this will work...

remain

Post by remain »

From other thread:

remain wrote:Windows Live Hotmail full version works in Firefox 3 now

I'm not sure when it started working, but the full version of WL Hotmail works now in FF3, instead of redirecting to the classic version.

Though I don't use Hotmail anymore as my main email service (see: Gmail), it's still nice that it works now.

Of course, it would've been nicer if it worked a month and a half ago when Firefox 3 launched. (I'm pretty sure they could've fixed this on time... if they really wanted to.)

Now if only you could adjust the separator between the message list and the reading pane, which right now can only be done in (surprise!) Internet Explorer. Yahoo! Mail, AOL Mail and I imagine pretty much all web-based mail out there already supports this in all browsers.

BTW, does anyone know when exactly it started working?

Omega X wrote:I can confirm that it works now.

IT had to be fixed very recently. I don't remember it working a couple of days ago.
eeanderson2004

Post by eeanderson2004 »

Lol... I'm having the same problem, =P Just adding to the list ^^.

I have also experienced a loss of some cookies during web browser use (no other programs affect it), where saving my username and password doesn't seem to work.
naynaygator

Post by naynaygator »

i cannot get into my hotmail account at all, how do i get help? naynaygator :x
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

naynaygator-

Do you use Firefox?
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
Shivang

Post by Shivang »

hey everyone, im afraid im still having the same problem as the original comment on this thread - unable to open hotmail classic OR full feature. I downloaded FF3 about a week ago and it seemed to be working ok, but now is giving me trouble with hotmail and a couple of other sites. I've spent 3 days (many many hours) researching, trying everything from deleting cookies, caches etc., to installing IE Tabs, running various virus scans, downloading other browsers.. i'm all out of ideas, and havent been able to access hotmail AT ALL in three days.. i'm growing really frustrated!

i have downloaded and installed older FF, IE, and even Opera, updated java script, tried everything i can find on the net, and now have read here that most hotmail servers are fixed of the problem. so why is mine not working?

its got worse. previously i would sign in and get the "redirecting you to classic message" (where i would click on inbox and nothing would happen) but now none of IE, FF, or Opera will access even the sign in page! is there something i have disabled/messed up? i can view most other pages ok, but everything is super slow now. additionally, i can no longer view gmail in its full glory either (only the basic html version for slower connections, and things like adding attachments doesn't work). really, any advice will be appreciated now. thanks!
VanillaMozilla

Post by VanillaMozilla »

Shivang wrote:is there something i have disabled/messed up? i can view most other pages ok, but everything is super slow now.

To answer your question, yes.

Slow with all browsers, all Web pages. Your problem must be either your computer, your connection, or your ISP, which is not covered in this thread. Start a new thread and describe the problem. Be sure to choose a descriptive title for the thread, so the right people will find it.
steviex

Post by steviex »

It is also possible that it is your Security software too, causing this (they block all sorts of things they shouldn't) ... Please also mention what Security Suite you are using. you are using....

shivang

Post by shivang »

thanks guys. will start the thread..
pyrestriker

Post by pyrestriker »

Hmm... What happens if you don't have IE on your system. For example, what of us Linux users, who wish to remain Open-Source? The IE tabs add-on won't work if you don't have IE, will it?