This download has been blocked by your security zone policy

User Help for Mozilla Firefox

Re: This download has been blocked by your security zone policy

Post by Guest »

hrdubwd wrote:I have run into the same problem: FF3 prevents all downloads according to "security zone policy". However, I have IE6 and the option mentioned above does not appear. In fact setting security to low has no effect! So now I am completely stuffed - cannot do anything.

This change was positively retrograde. To offer no explanation is unhelpful, to have no way out is bizarre.

Now what?

BWD
i have the same prob as hrdubwd
testis

Post by testis »

I had the same problem. Changing the settings in internet options "Launching applications and unsafe files" did not work for me either. I also couldn't download any files in IE 7 wich I had had previously installed.

Stygian Servantes: your method worked. I installed IE 7 again (I downloaded it on a different computer), and that fixed the problem in both IE7 and FF3. I can now download again. Yehaaw.

My suggestion: before you install FF3 download the IE7 installation file, and then if you experience the described problem, just install IE7 again and it should work.

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:I had the same problem. Changing the settings in internet options "Launching applications and unsafe files" did not work for me either. I also couldn't download any files in IE 7 wich I had had previously installed.

Stygian Servantes: your method worked. I installed IE 7 again (I downloaded it on a different computer), and that fixed the problem in both IE7 and FF3. I can now download again. Yehaaw.

My suggestion: before you install FF3 download the IE7 installation file, and then if you experience the described problem, just install IE7 again and it should work.
how can I download anything if I can't download anything???????
Limos15

Post by Limos15 »

Thank you so much for the link ... i was about to shed tears because i couldn't watch anything on my laptop ... THANK YOUUUU!!!!!!!

Post by Guest »

is there any way you could stop FF3 from following your security settings in internet options? i don't want to change them since i want different policies for IE and FF.

i've been using FF for years but this post will be the last thing i do with it until i can find a way around those internet options. i just want my browser to do what i tell it to do and don't want to be told by it what i can do and what i can't. i don't think thats asking too much.
cia25nne

Post by cia25nne »

testis wrote:I had the same problem. Changing the settings in internet options "Launching applications and unsafe files" did not work for me either. I also couldn't download any files in IE 7 wich I had had previously installed.

Many thanks. Installing IE7 and FF3 finally worked wonders for me.

I can now download any files like before. The best part is I can now enjoy all the benefits of FF3. Thanks again!
hrdubwd

Post by hrdubwd »

A further problem:

Cannot Complete Request
gce.gatesfoundation.org uses an invalid security certificate.
The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown.
(Error code: sec_error_unknown_issuer)
:
Additional information about this problem or error is currently unavailable.

There seems to be no escape from this, but I believe it should be the user's choice whether to proceed. I am hardly likely to worry about Bill Gates ... or am I? (Unknown? Right.)

Is this part of the same 'compliance' change? If so, it needs repair, or at least a get-out.

BWD
hrdubwd

Post by hrdubwd »

BTW: IE6 has no trouble ... so 'Internet settings' seems not to be relevant!
Ashimpto

Post by Ashimpto »

Posted June 18th, 2008, 12:37 am
Try
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Unable_to_sav ... _-_Windows
“It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.” - Terry Pratchett

Doesn't work for me... neither does the other link you've posted or other methods you guys have posted.

Anybody got other ideeas?
cypherus

Post by cypherus »

I just want to add in that I had IE6 when I downloaded FF3 and was having this same problem. The "Launching applications and unsafe files" is not available in IE6 so I was pulling my hair out scouring the internet for answers.

I finally broke down and installed IE7, even though we don't use it here at work because of incompatibility with programs and followed the instructions for unchecking the "Launching applications and unsafe files" option and it worked! I wish Microsoft didn't bully people into using their browser. Anyway, I just wanted to share that for all the IE6 users out there.
soulismssing

Post by soulismssing »

i have the answer, after searching long and hard i found it.

control panel>internet options>security>custom level>
under Internet explorer there is the option for
launching applications and unsafe file
this should be set to prompt,
somehow the install of FF3 threw this to disabled on my computer and started this issue , switch it to prompt ...i did it and all is fine now....
peace.
hrdubwd

Post by hrdubwd »

Anonymous wrote:i have the answer ...

This was said before, but sorry - not in IE6. IE7 is broken, reportedly unsafe, and incompatible with a number of things, so I'll not be going that way.

Post by Guest »

soulismssing wrote:i have the answer, after searching long and hard i found it.

control panel>internet options>security>custom level>
under Internet explorer there is the option for
launching applications and unsafe file
this should be set to prompt,
somehow the install of FF3 threw this to disabled on my computer and started this issue , switch it to prompt ...i did it and all is fine now....
peace.

Works a treat, thanks very much. 8-)
videobread

Post by videobread »

Fixed my problem and am downloading *.exe files in FF3 and IE7. I had my Security Level set too high in IE - set at "High". In IE, go to Tools; Internet Options; Security and "Reset Zones to Default Levels". That sets security at "Medium-High". That is the fix.

I never use IE and had Security set on High. IE thinks FF3 is a suspect site at High. IE even thinks microsoft.com is suspect. Try it and see for your self. Set the Security to High and try to do a Window update. It will not work.

This is a new issue with FF3. My IE Security has been set at "High" while using FF2 and never a problem. All is well now.

Post by Guest »

Seems like someone at MS developed this #3. They worked this into FF3 in order that we download/ Install IE7. Why can't one of the other geniuses that do FF work it OUT of the program? I am not capable or I would.
I don't want any more MS crap in my computer than I absolutely have to have.
Especially with their level of "quality " control.
I say again, there is no option in IE6, like the one mentioned for IE7. So you HAVE TO install IE7!!!

PAY ATTENTION PEOPLE!