This download has been blocked by your security zone policy

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
JediJesseS

This download has been blocked by your security zone policy

Post by JediJesseS »

Since installing FF3 I cannot download any type of file from any website. My internet security zones are set to defaults, downloading and launching programs are enabled, I have no anti virus program running and my Windows Firewall service is completely turned off. I am running Vista x64 Service Pack 1.

Every attempted download pops up in the download manager as "This download has been blocked by your Security Zone Policy". This is driving me bonkers as it has rendered many websites unusable. If anyone has any information on fixing this issue, I would very much appreciate it. Thanks!
malliz
Folder@Home

Re: This download has been blocked by your security zone policy

Post by malliz »

What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
JediJesseS

Post by JediJesseS »

Thank you for the help, but I have already attempted that fix. My "Launching applications and unsafe files" is set to Prompt, and scanWhenDone is set to false.

This behavior is for all file types, not just executables...pictures, web pages, music, you name it. I literally cannot save or download files of any type.
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

I presume you read through this
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Issues_with_F ... ving_files

I would take a bet it's Av or Firewall
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
JediJesseS

Post by JediJesseS »

Aye, I have read though and attempted those solutions. It seems like FF has inherited or changed some setting from my Windows Internet options, because I get the same behavior in IE as well. Can't save anything. But all the permissions are set correctly, I am completely stumped. Going to attempt a full wipe and reinstall of FF3. Otherwise I'll have to snatch FF2 using another computer and revert back to it since Firefox won't allow me to download...Firefox! ](*,)
JediJesseS

Post by JediJesseS »

Also, I have no AV software running and the Windows Firewall service has been disabled from services.msc.
Blind Mullet

Post by Blind Mullet »

I have exactly the same problem. Like you, I have all the usual defaults, though I also run AVG Free and Comodo Pro firewall.

Searching the FF forum yields no solution thus far. The forum search facilities also seem poor - there don't appear to be many options, such as searching for a whole expression.

Incidentally, when someone offers advice that patently doesn't work, it's doubly annoying when they use a lengthy and lame Terry Pratchett quote in their sig.

For the present time, I will simply revert to FF2
steviex

Post by steviex »

Firefox 3 now integrates into Vista's Parental Controls.... Have you looked there... ??
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.
FF3Downloader

Post by FF3Downloader »

I'm running windows XP and I am having the same problem. I was at download.com trying to download AdAware and SpywareBlaster and it sayd my security zone policy will not allow it. It killed IE downloading as well.
Oropher

Post by Oropher »

FF3Downloader wrote:I'm running windows XP and I am having the same problem. I was at download.com trying to download AdAware and SpywareBlaster and it sayd my security zone policy will not allow it. It killed IE downloading as well.

Did you read the link Malliz provided :) ? That explains that Firefox 3 respects the Windows security settings, and how to alter them if they're causing you problems.
Moike

Post by Moike »

I had this same problem, but for some reason internet options has disappered from my control panal. Well, the reason is because I uninstalled SP3 beta for SP3 Final and it messed up my system. I was trying to download SP3 with FF.

At any rate, this was quite a frustrating episode.
areawoman

Post by areawoman »

Thanks so much for posting that link- you just saved me from throwing my computer out the window!
cia25nne

Post by cia25nne »

I also have the same problem. I've tried the solutions provided by the links here but to no avail. When I was using FF 2, I haven't experienced the said problem.

So for the time being, I will shift back to FF 2 until anyone comes out with a solution to this issue.
robi1305

Post by robi1305 »

I followed malliz and it worked - many thanks-back in business!
hrdubwd

Post by hrdubwd »

I have run into the same problem: FF3 prevents all downloads according to "security zone policy". However, I have IE6 and the option mentioned above does not appear. In fact setting security to low has no effect! So now I am completely stuffed - cannot do anything.

This change was positively retrograde. To offer no explanation is unhelpful, to have no way out is bizarre.

Now what?

BWD