Bold Font!!

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
xtal191

Bold Font!!

Post by xtal191 »

Ever since installing the new firefox i have been getting bold font on google.com gmail and some other websites! Does anybody have a solution for this?
cr1st0

Re: Bold Font!!

Post by cr1st0 »

Same here... and don't tell me to do reset it's a bug... reset don't work...
apk

Post by apk »

Hi,
I've had this problem too, so I was searching and searching and I finally found the solution and it's really simple.. you have (just like me) corrupted or missing arial font. so just download it from sourceforge ;) h**p://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/corefonts/arial32.exe

PS: Now I love Firefox 3 even more :D
4GNS

Post by 4GNS »

Sure one font in .exe makes all sense, for a non virus file... i will execute it right now...
28VW

Post by 28VW »

It works :)

h**p://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/corefonts/arial32.exe
apk

Post by apk »

to 4GNS: It is official installer of Arial fonts and it's on sourceforge, so it's safe ;)
dusi

Post by dusi »

I had a same problem, but thank to you, it is ok now! Thanks!
tnp

Post by tnp »

hmmm...tried it but still no luck. :?
Blackfox__

Post by Blackfox__ »

Thank you so much! I also had this problem and could not for the lfie of me work out why it was doing it.

Makes me wonder why my Arial font was missing in the first place...
cygro

Post by cygro »

Had the same Problem on Vista with all that silly design and theme stuff disabled (Aurora uses too much system resources for me). Reinstalling Arial font didn't helped, but Tahoma did...
So if you have similar problems, check which font your system uses for displaying menus and such and reinstall these fonts.
slidersv

Post by slidersv »

WOW, thanks apk! Really is corrupted!
Vicente23

Post by Vicente23 »

I hab the same problem but only with some pages. So I checked the style-sheets of the pages and found out that always the Verdana Font-Family was used for them. So I downloaded the Verdana Font Package again and everything is fine for me now after a reboot!

hp://prdowexe?download
Last edited by LoudNoise on September 9th, 2008, 12:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Broke direct link to an EXE

Post by Guest »

"you have (just like me) corrupted or missing arial font."
well, I had Verdana "missing".
Anyway - how come it becomes missing with Firefox 3 ?
RiMkA

Post by RiMkA »

28VW wrote:It works :)

h**p://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/corefonts/arial32.exe

Tnx, it works! =D>
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

I have broken the direct link to the exe. Do NOT post direct links to a program.

More to the point, just because a file is at trusted location does not mean that it is safe.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."