Random Firefox 3 Crashes- Vista Data Execution Prevention

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
VanillaMozilla

Re: Random Firefox 3 Crashes- Vista Data Execution Prevention

Post by VanillaMozilla »

notjikkie,
You're still running IE, even if it's displayed in a Firefox tab. You can't be sure it isn't IE code that's crashing -- or more likely, a plugin that runs on IE. There are many reports of such crashes.

It's interesting that you had to uninstall an extension, rather than just disabling it. That's good to keep in mind. Mozilla's Add-On manager is not very thorough for troubleshooting, and this is just one more reason.

Post by Guest »

Problem for me is that when firefox will not load I find that there is already at least one instance of firefox 3 running (even if no window is visible). This task cannot be killed using the taskmanager. I have to reboot to get rid of it. Once I do, firefox 3 runs fine for a while and then the same thing happens.

I am using Vista ultimate with SP1 and Office 2007.
VanillaMozilla

Post by VanillaMozilla »

That's a totally different problem, Guest. It has nothing to do with this thread. Please start a new subject. Have you noticed that this thread is about Data Execution Prevention? If you don't know what that is, don't post here.
steviex

Post by steviex »

OK.. as people obviously can't read... I am locking this... as it has become totally pointless.

Please start a new thread for all problems.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.