Firefox 3 loading extremely slow w/o any extensions

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
dutchputch

Re: Firefox 3 loading extremely slow w/o any extensions

Post by dutchputch »

kweivel - switch back until they work the bugs out. You can download the previous version from here:
Last edited by Daifne on June 22nd, 2008, 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed spam link
3boikcm5

Post by 3boikcm5 »

I tried Widows care and really cleaned up a lot of stuff and then ran spy bot.Defragged etc. Its really snappy now! but some video intensive sites load slow.Abc's Move player for Hd,some Utubes too.Pluggedin is slow too.
msssssss

Post by msssssss »

FF3 is indeed S L O W to load! And it makes no difference if there is video or not!
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

dutchputch,
Do not recommend installing Firefox from anywhere but mozilla.com. You have no idea what may be bundled with versions from non-Mozilla sites.
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

dutchputch,
Do not recommend installing Firefox from anywhere but mozilla.com. You have no idea what may be bundled with versions from non-Mozilla sites. All old versions are still available on mozilla.com. No need to go elsewhere.
dutchputch

Post by dutchputch »

Daifne, I don't see the older version on mozilla.com. Please answer with the link where I can find it from that site.
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

dutchputch

Post by dutchputch »

I'm not computer literate and have no idea what to do with that.
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

You click on the link. Then you navigate in the folders to the version you want and the OS you use and the language you want. Just like navigating folders on your own computer.
garmajo10

Post by garmajo10 »

I would like to go back to Firefox 2 also, so I look at the page suggested above for that download and only found a list of releases. Can someone tell me how to get to a download site for Firefox 2?

Thanks
dutchputch

Post by dutchputch »

When I click on the link I want it says "Permission Denied".
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Click on the folder for the release you want to open it. Then find the folder for your operating system and open it. Then find the folder for your language and open it. Finally click on the .exe file to download it.

BTW, it appears that the Win32 version of 2.0.0.14 is broken on the server right now. Go with 2.0.0.13 and then update after you install.
garmajo10

Post by garmajo10 »

Daifne:

Thanks for this info I have started to download what I want. Firefox 3 seems to be really messed up, and after I had the initial problems, I, like a fool, paid $19.99 to download the "Premium" version. I known realize that this was a complete ripoff. My email to support was returned undelivered. I am going to contest the payment with Paypal. I hope others see this and not fall for that.

Thanks again.
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

You should only download Firefox from Mozilla. There are a bunch of scams out there, unfortunately. Look at the sticky topic we have further up this forum.

Firefox 3 is fine, if you get a real version. Not sure if I like the "awesome bar" yet or not, and some of my extensions don't work yet, but I'm patient.
Kalkan

Post by Kalkan »

Daifne wrote:You should only download Firefox from Mozilla. There are a bunch of scams out there, unfortunately. Look at the sticky topic we have further up this forum.

Firefox 3 is fine, if you get a real version. Not sure if I like the "awesome bar" yet or not, and some of my extensions don't work yet, but I'm patient.
Pfff, Firefox3 is slower than firefox 2:s