Unable To Install Firefox 3

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
jimbok

Re: Unable To Install Firefox 3

Post by jimbok »

This problem persists with the 3.0.4 installer. I could not uninstall, I could not reinstall, all the software would say repeatedly is that it needed to reboot the computer when I tried.

me too. I had to delete the update files in the Program Files/Mozilla Firefox directory in addition to the files referred to here http://kb.mozillazine.org/Software_Update
marsonkhan

Post by marsonkhan »

I will testify that Anvish's advice worked for me.
SK.

Post by SK. »

FrustratedFFUser wrote:...you FF folx need to be less like parents and more like collegues and TELL THE USER WHAT'S GOING ON.

It might interest you to know that MozillaZine is not run by the Mozilla Foundation and is not an official part of the Mozilla project. We are an independent Mozilla news, community and advocacy site.

Feedback to Mozilla:
http://hendrix.mozilla.org/
John 3:16 and Philippians 4:13
eRIN1824

Post by eRIN1824 »

Hi Can any one help me am trying to install msn on my acer netbook and i cant ...dont know why !
so my internet web thingy is Mozilla FirefoxIt Is Really Annoying ! ](*,)
pleasePlease help me if you can ! PLease :)

:-k
steviex

Post by steviex »

Um, are you using LINUX on your Netbook ?? You CANNOT install WINDOWS applications, unless you use a special program called Wine to make them compatible...

Linux has several Instant Messaging programs that work with MSN protocols....

Try one of the Following... aMSN, Pidgin, Emesene ... These should be available from Applications > Add/Remove Programs
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.
James

Post by James »

Gaim is another program that can do MSN chat.

eRIN1824 wrote:Hi Can any one help me am trying to install msn on my acer netbook and i cant ...dont know why !

How long have you had this netbook for as were you aware it was using Linux and not Windows XP ?.

The useragent of the Firefox browser your using is Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-GB; rv:1.8.1.14) Gecko/20080612 Fedora/2.0.0.14-20080612.fc8.acer Firefox/2.0.0.14

I think the small netbooks from Acer and the like tends to be Windows XP or Vista nowdays as the Linux variations were not as well received especially since the Linux ones were often weaker in specifications like memory/storage for only a little less then Windows version and not every Windows user wants to get to know a different OS.
steviex

Post by steviex »

Gaim is now pidgin, James..... It was apparently an AOL thing... It is also available for Windows too....
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.