Can't Click Inside Firefox 3 Window Without Losing Focus 1st

User Help for Mozilla Firefox

Re: Can't Click Inside Firefox 3 Window Without Losing Focus 1st

Post by Guest »

And I'm yet another who has this problem. It's only started happening since the upgrade to FF3. The only (annoying) workaround I have is to hit the desktop icon then go back into firefox. Yet this only seems to work for a short time

Post by Guest »

I'm having this problem too. Actually this happened to me a few months ago, and when firefox 3.0 came out it was fine.
Now, it's the same problem has started again. I tried virus-scanning and defragging, and somehow that seems to turn down the rate of incidence of this problem. For me it's not on every page load, but every once in awhile.
The problem also arose close to the time of a windows update like for many others - any theories on Microsoft's not-so-marketable strategies to maintain market share?

Post by Guest »

One more thing, system restore to a week before this started still does not resolve the issue.
Any help would be appreciated.

Post by Guest »

Same thing here, IE6 works fine (came with my windows XP SP2, didn't bother to upgrade to IE7), and Firefox 3 keeps loosing focus. ON every page load, I have to alt-tab twice to get the control back. I have seen smthing about a transparent div in front of my FF3 window, but I don't have a clue what this is...

Post by Guest »

Guest from Aug 30 / 2008 8:38 am
Another few things that may help solve this problem:
- Cannot drag and drop in explorer to move files around - can only use Ctrl + copy and paste
- Sometimes taskbar not clickable either, but alt + tab still works
- Overall performance smooth, however certain instances very slow, like opening office apps or transfering bulky files onto hard drive

.. starting to think not just a firefox problem .. virus? bloatware?
help please!

Post by Guest »

it's me again (as above)
My comp has returned back to normal - all the above issues were fixed. I'm not sure what is responsible, but I've done the following since then:
- Safe Mode defragging with smartdefrag & virus scan
- Used Opera and not firefox
- Decreased number of startups and services on msconfig
- updated to latest w/ windows automatic updates

it coulda been any number of these things, or maybe just waited it out, either way, so glad it's over - although during this time pleasantly surprised by the features of opera - more customizable built-in shortcuts (keyboard, 1-key, and mouse gestures); seems to be no difference in speed, their javascript handling has gotten better with 9.52, the space bar to go to next page reading articles, smooth scrolling, overall nice feel and great built-in completeness of features. but in the end it was about the customizable plug-ins from firefox that I missed.

good luck all

Post by Guest »

I've had it the other way round, too. The page is fully functional, but the toolbars are unclickable. Then sometimes the page is unclickable, with the toolbars working just fine. Only FF3 is doing it, no other program.

Actually, I also have Ubuntu as a virtual machine, and that sometimes does it in explorer windows with icons. List views work fine...

Post by Guest »

I have the same problem to why hasn't there been a fix, I just read threw three pages of people all having the same problem, Mine only happens every once in awhile, but when it starts, It stays like that for a long time.
FF3Focus

Post by FF3Focus »

Same problem here. Odd, it seems to work fine when I have my laptop in a docking station. I even did a full format/reload and ended up having the same problem.
FF3Focus

Post by FF3Focus »

I am the above poster and I think I solved my problem. When undocked I was using a Logitech VX Revolution wireless mouse utilizing the driver Windows XP already included with the OS. Since installing the latest Logitech SetPoint software, I have not had the issue.
rtbox

Post by rtbox »

no setpoint here and still the issue
Confused67

Post by Confused67 »

same issue here as well, just started - nothing has changed on the system.
Confused67

Post by Confused67 »

I don't have a setpoint either so that isn't the issue. Anyone solved this problem yet?
toine

Post by toine »

Same problem here for weeks.
Only way to stop the problem for a while is to restart my PC.
When it occurs, it can be undone for the current page by either minimize/maximize window or alt-tab till page has focus again.
Confused67

Post by Confused67 »

It doesn't even work in safe mode for me. Unless someone comes up with a fix looks like I will be ditching the browser.