Can't Click Inside Firefox 3 Window Without Losing Focus 1st

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
jmacafee

Re: Can't Click Inside Firefox 3 Window Without Losing Focus 1st

Post by jmacafee »

Looks like this issue has been going on for months with no resolution. It seems that I have not choice but to dump FF. Opera? Safari?
DouglasD

Post by DouglasD »

Has anyone submitted a bug report on this? Has mozilla officially recognized the problem?
al_bickers

Post by al_bickers »

DouglasD wrote:Has anyone submitted a bug report on this? Has mozilla officially recognized the problem?
Hello - I just submitted a bug report - having never submitted one, I wasn't sure exactly how to word it. If interested, please read and add comments as necessary:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=459733

Thx, Al
TomBarlow

Post by TomBarlow »

Guys, does middle clicking make it go away? I think I have a similar problem, although it only occurs intermittently, and middle clicking fixes it. I don't know if my problem is the same as the one in this thread but it sounds similar...
erotic1

Post by erotic1 »

This happened to me since i installed firefox 3 on new dell studio with vista ultimate although it has not happened on any of the other 5 machines I have, but they do not have vista. The only way for me to open links on a page is to right click and do open link in a new window. It is so annoying.
erotic1

Post by erotic1 »

This happened to me since i installed firefox 3 (4) weeks ago on new dell studio with vista ultimate although it has not happened on any of the other 5 machines I have, but they do not have vista. The only way for me to open links on a page is to right click and do open link in a new window. It is so annoying.
al_bickers

Post by al_bickers »

TomBarlow wrote:Guys, does middle clicking make it go away? I think I have a similar problem, although it only occurs intermittently, and middle clicking fixes it. I don't know if my problem is the same as the one in this thread but it sounds similar...

YES - I just tried it and middle clicking on FF seems to cure the problem for awhile.

Now, it's more of an annoyance than a deal breaker - thanks for the info.
bobson

Post by bobson »

I have the same prob too......We need a fix
erotic1

Post by erotic1 »

Clicking in the middle doesnt work for me.. I still have to right click and do open link in a new window to download anything... it stinks... i only have this problem in my computer with windows vista ultimate... my computers with xp, and vista business dont have the problem.
kgbme

Post by kgbme »

al_bickers wrote:[..]a bug report -

I cannot reproduce this.. Plus, never heard of it :-F There are the strangest solutions offered here that resolve the problem, so that's no help either xD Since creating a new Firefox profile doesn't seem to help people (which is the equivalent of a clean install - or rather, the only way to "clean install"), it looks like this isn't a Firefox-specific issue, but perhaps one that only affects the Firefox browser (I wonder if that makes sense :)).
meggert

Post by meggert »

I had this same problem after installing FF3. I uninstalled Firefox and am now using Internet Explorer. No problem now but no joy either:-(
Zach111

Post by Zach111 »

I have the impression that Mozilla doesn't have the resources and/or concern to fix things like this. I see critical reports that have been unresolved (and unacknowledged) for months. I've personally switched to Opera and find it to be faster and MUCH lighter.
DJR96

Post by DJR96 »

I too have just had this problem. Wasn't sure what caused it because I had updated a few things at once including Setpoint.
But I think I have found the cause (and fix).
I've just removed a Windows XP update and it seems fine now.

Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs>(tick Show Updates to view all)>Remove Windows XP Update (KB958644)

That particular update seems to be the cause. My problems started when that was installed, and now gone. Can others confirm this?

Cheers.
manux

Post by manux »

Actually, the same issue just started to occur for me as well: I thought at first that some new add-on did it, but after reading the last entry on Windows Update, I remembered that I just rebooted to take care of a automated Windows update. And bingo - KB958644 just got installed and messed it up.
flcruiser

Post by flcruiser »

how do you uninstall an update. it says i can't