Suddenly Firefox will not load any pages

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
wtck

Suddenly Firefox will not load any pages

Post by wtck »

I am using Firefox on a Vista machine and all was well for 6 months until today. Firefix indicated there was an
update (2.0.0.13 I believe) - I clicked to install and since then I can not load any interent pages - even Google.com.
I tried reinstalling - I got the 3.0 free download and completely installed, rebooted, etc.

IE works find as does Thunderbird.

When I look in the error log, each time I try to access a URL, I get the following message.

Error: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80040111 (NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE) [nsIChannel.contentType]" nsresult: "0x80040111 (NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE)" location: "JS frame :: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Mozilla%20Firefox/components/FeedProcessor.js :: FP_onStartRequest :: line 1440" data: no]
Source File: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Mozilla%20Firefox/components/FeedProcessor.js
Line: 1440

Any suggestion would be appreciated. I prefer not to deal with IE, but then again, I prefer to access the web.
Thanks

Bill
Daifne

Re: Suddenly Firefox will not load any pages

Post by Daifne »

Moving to Firefox Support
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Did you delete your old Profile? (back it up first)
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
SpitfireX au

Post by SpitfireX au »

I am using Firefox on a Vista machine and all was well for 6 months until today. Firefix indicated there was an
update (2.0.0.13 I believe) - I clicked to install and since then I can not load any interent pages - even Google.com.
I tried reinstalling - I got the 3.0 free download and completely installed, rebooted, etc.

IE works find as does Thunderbird.

When I look in the error log, each time I try to access a URL, I get the following message.

I had the EXACT same problem as you on my laptop.
I was running Norton 360 as my Antivirus / Firewall, I uninstalled It and activated windows firewall for the moment and straight away firefox was working again.
So I would suggest turning of your antivirus and test firefox to see if its interfearing with the settings , If so reconfigure / reinstall it or try a different one.
Hope this helps.
snille

Post by snille »

I have the same problem except that it works to start out with but at some time (no pattern noticed) it just stops loading anything. Chrome and skype still work though.
When I Exit firefox, the process keeps running. I try to end the Firefox process with End Process in Task Manager, but it just keeps running and the only thing I can do is reboot.
I have updated to the most recent firefox release this week.