firefox not showing youtube videos

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
gozilla_mozilla

Re: firefox not showing youtube videos

Post by gozilla_mozilla »

i had this problem too.
I did ctrl + F5. This reloaded the page and youtube starts working.

I don't know it did but it worked.
willowbilly3

Post by willowbilly3 »

Pardon me for hijacking, basic idiot here. I just had a shop do a wipe out and reinstall and now I can't get you tube to play. It says I need the latest version of Adobe flash Player and I have went through the install but to no avail. Also maybe I need Java, how do I get that?
a;skdjfajf;ak

Post by a;skdjfajf;ak »

willowbilly3 wrote:Pardon me for hijacking, basic idiot here. I just had a shop do a wipe out and reinstall and now I can't get you tube to play. It says I need the latest version of Adobe flash Player and I have went through the install but to no avail. Also maybe I need Java, how do I get that?

Read here: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Flash

go to adobe.com and download the flash player to your desktop or hard-drive, close Firefox, and run the installer. Start up Firefox and you should be good to go..
You don't need java for Youtube
Gothman

Post by Gothman »

I've followed everyone's instructions but on my computer Firefox won't play any Youtube files, which worked fine before today.

I've closed all windows before trying to run a reinstalled Adobe Flash Player, but despite this, I still get a prompt asking me to close Firefox, even after it's already closed, which doesn't make sense.

Even stranger is that I tried reinstalling the Flash Player but this time for the first time in Internet Explorer and it works.

Why is this? and how do I restore it in Firefox? I have version 3.0.5.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Have you checked this thread for a few hints?
> viewtopic.php?f=7&t=945195
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
Jazz2756

Post by Jazz2756 »

I have visited so many forums regarding "no audio from Flash videos" now and tried everything from the regedit to copying and pasting code to reinstalling Flash Player 10. Everything was and is as it should be on my computer, and yet I was still getting no audio from anything that played on Flash Player 10.

Then, someone in another forum mentioned he was able to get audio in IE. I followed his lead and discovered I too am able to get audio when I visit YouTube using IE. It is only when I visit there with Firefox that I get no audio. I LOVE Firefox, so I'm not thrilled about this situation, but those are the facts. I just thought I'd share them.

Hopefully, either Mozilla or Adobe will come up with a patch to resolve this issue once and for all. I prefer not to have to bother with two different browsers, but that is what I am doing until this gets fixed.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Did trying everything include safe mode? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_Mode
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
Shenelle

Post by Shenelle »

My Youtube wasn't working and I took off the ad blocker for you tube and my videos began working again. Thanx Kindofabuzz
Muirghiel

Post by Muirghiel »

Youtube doesn't work for me either. What I see is that the video window is black, and I see the loading dots in a circle. That's working fine. But it stays that way. I get audio, and the slide at the bottom works but works slowly and seems to be lagging so that it doesn't slide neatly but leaves static images of itself behind.
Gubbio

Post by Gubbio »

Having the same problem.

I did a little research on "Google," and found many references to turning down or turning off the "Hardware Acceleration." Supposedly, older machines (mine) are in conflict with something.

For now, it's working. It also corrected a "jumpy" mouse cursor I had on some sites. I don't know what may be adversely affected by this adjustment, but thus far, I haven't found anything.

I do believe it's a Mozilla problem, as it happened with the upgrade, and Chrome was not affected.

For those (like myself) not familiar with Hardware Acceleration:

http://www.deskshare.com/resources/arti ... ation.aspx

-Mike
4td8s

Post by 4td8s »

Muirghiel wrote:Youtube doesn't work for me either. What I see is that the video window is black, and I see the loading dots in a circle. That's working fine. But it stays that way. I get audio, and the slide at the bottom works but works slowly and seems to be lagging so that it doesn't slide neatly but leaves static images of itself behind.

youtube is working fine for me, Muirghiel. you and I seem to be using the same version of Firefox. check the settings of your graphics card. my old computer is using intel 82810 graphics controller and youtube videos that I'm seeing are working correctly.
mrsf

Post by mrsf »

Hi
i had the same problem but I founded it's because of adblock adds on.
you should disable "adbluck plus" on youtube.com
and if you want to see YouTube's videos on facebook you should disable it on facebook too.
it works for me....
jh_saguaro

Post by jh_saguaro »

In Firefox I went to tools, options, privacy, show cookies, scrolled down to YouTube, highlighted, hit delete, and bingo... videos are showing again. Hope this helps some folks.
Niqnaqs

Post by Niqnaqs »

jh_saguaro wrote:In Firefox I went to tools, options, privacy, show cookies, scrolled down to YouTube, highlighted, hit delete, and bingo... videos are showing again. Hope this helps some folks.

Thanks dude! had a problem with my firefox not showing youtube vids and this sorted it straight out :D ~thumbs up~
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Locking due to the age of the OP.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)