MozillaZine

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown . . .

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
SeismicGuy

Post Posted July 16th, 2008, 12:09 pm

I keep getting the message "The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it is contained in a file type that may not be safe to open. Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem."

This happens with a company's website that I am currently working for and I need to check mail, messages, notices via their website. Accessing their website does not seem to be a problem for Internet Explorer 6. Is there some setting in Firefox (I am now using 3) to work around this?

Thanks,

Doug

DanRaisch

Post Posted July 16th, 2008, 12:20 pm

Moving to Thunderbird Builds, where support for pre-release versions is provided.

steviex

Post Posted July 16th, 2008, 12:22 pm

Um... I think this is a Firefox 3 Problem..... Moving on to Firefox Support...
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.

kindofabuzz

Post Posted July 16th, 2008, 12:26 pm

LOL Dan, hitting the bottle a little early huh? or pipe? :D
Collapse unwanted MozillaZine forum sections ** Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.

DanRaisch

Post Posted July 16th, 2008, 12:35 pm

Say, uh, what??? :oops:

SeismicGuy

Post Posted July 16th, 2008, 12:58 pm

Enough with the jokes and mis-direction of where to post. Does anyone have answers as to what the error message means and how to circumvent? I find that if I ignore the alert and close the dialogue by hitting "okay", I am able to view my email just fine. It is just that every time I choose a message to read, I get the "alert" dialogue that I then have to close.

Thanks,

Doug

kindofabuzz

Post Posted July 16th, 2008, 1:02 pm

Wait, so this is a TB problem?
Collapse unwanted MozillaZine forum sections ** Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.

SeismicGuy

Post Posted July 16th, 2008, 1:28 pm

kindofabuzz wrote:Wait, so this is a TB problem?

Are you having a laugh (is he having a laugh?). NO--this is appears to be a Firefox problem. I go into the company's website and log on to their system with my username and end up at a screen where my list of emails show up. If I double click an email to open it that is when I get the alert. I ignore the alert and the email opens just fine. I want to eliminate the alert or change whatever setting is within Firefox that triggers the alert.

I probably should have added that when I go to the company's website and click email, it takes me to a Lotus Domino Web Access page that is sort of like a PIM application with emails, calendar, to-do list, contacts, etc. It is while checking emails from this page that I get the alert.

Doug

Post Posted October 2nd, 2008, 3:52 pm

Doug,

Same issue here, I haven't been able to find a solution either. For others on this forum who would think it is related to Thunderbird, please understand that it is completely unrelated. The issue occurs when I use Firefox to access to my company's intranet through an encrypted connection. Among other things, this connection provides access to a webmail service.

Nicolas

Guest1219

Post Posted December 19th, 2008, 4:19 pm

Just wondering if there had been any progress made on this issue. I have the same problem and this is the only place I have this particular message referenced. Thanks for any info you can provide.

Angie

Return to Firefox Support