AVG slow down Firefox

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
nikolina

AVG slow down Firefox

Post by nikolina »

I have firefox 3.0.1 on my pc and recently installed new antivirus program AVG internet security 8.0 version. Since that, all my surfing on Firefox starts to be to slow, does anybody know hot to solve this problem, because it seems to me that this AVG made problem for slow Firefox and for slow PC either, but i don't know why?????

Thanks
malliz
Folder@Home

Re: AVG slow down Firefox

Post by malliz »

Try disabling the AVG link Scanner

Also see
viewtopic.php?p=3354810#p3354810
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Roy66uk

Re: AVG slow down Firefox

Post by Roy66uk »

nikolina wrote:I have firefox 3.0.1 on my pc and recently installed new antivirus program AVG internet security 8.0 version. Since that, all my surfing on Firefox starts to be to slow, does anybody know hot to solve this problem, because it seems to me that this AVG made problem for slow Firefox and for slow PC either, but i don't know why?????

Thanks

The simplest answer is as follows:

Uninstall AVG 8 (but do *not* check the box to remove all personal settings) and restart your computer.
Now download, save and run a new set up file for AVG 8 but *this* time choose a 'CUSTOM' install and click on the '+' button to the left of the options and *uncheck* the boxes for *both* 'Safe Search' and 'Link Scanner', also if you do *not* have an installed email client program, *uncheck* the box for the email scanner too.
You will now have resolved the problem.