This web site does not supply identity information- GO AWAY!

User Help for Mozilla Firefox

Re: This web site does not supply identity information- GO AWAY!

Post by Guest »

For me, I'd really like to see an option for this "identity check" to be disabled entirely. I really don't care if a site supplies identity information or not. The pop-up is really annoying every time you want to drag (or even click on) the link to copy it over to the Bookmarks Toolbar (which I use exclusively).

What makes more sense, is if disabled (up front), have the option to see the identity information by right-clicking on the URL address box.
billw21

Post by billw21 »

For me, I'd really like to see an option for this "identity check" to be disabled entirely. I really don't care if a site supplies identity information or not. The pop-up is really annoying every time you want to drag (or even click on) the link to copy it over to the Bookmarks Toolbar (which I use exclusively).

What makes more sense, is if disabled (up front), have the option to see the identity information by right-clicking on the URL address box.
mzfuser
Folder@Home

Post by mzfuser »

If you really want to remove it, then add this code to your UserChrome.css:

Code: Select all

#identity-box { display: none !important; }
MaxBogus

Post by MaxBogus »

teoli2003 wrote:You can also drag the favicon that is on the tab rather than the one that is on the address bar.
Brilliant! Now why didn't I think of that? Thanks teoli
DarkFOG

Post by DarkFOG »

teoli2003 wrote:You can also drag the favicon that is on the tab rather than the one that is on the address bar.

A simple but effective work around, thanks for the tip!
jjinthecity

Post by jjinthecity »

this annoys me daily as i have favorite folders set up for drag and drop. please fix it.
steviex

Post by steviex »

@ jjinthecity Have you tried any of the solutions offered in this thread ?? Did you actually read the thread before posting into it ?

Remember that WE are just fellow users, and can not actually fix things......

It is THIS BUG https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=312852

It has been marked as FIXED... It is definitely fixed in the upcoming Firefox 3.5 and it seems fixed in Linux 3.0.7
Last edited by steviex on March 16th, 2009, 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited after playing with this problem
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.
a;skdjfajf;ak

Post by a;skdjfajf;ak »

jjinthecity wrote:this annoys me daily as i have favorite folders set up for drag and drop. please fix it.

According to the bug on page 1, its been fixed, and anyone running 3.0.7 version should no longer be seeing the problem of the URL tool-tip covering the bookmarks bar once you 'mouse-down' to drag it somewhere...

Post by Guest »

Littlemutt wrote:
jjinthecity wrote:this annoys me daily as i have favorite folders set up for drag and drop. please fix it.

According to the bug on page 1, its been fixed, and anyone running 3.0.7 version should no longer be seeing the problem of the URL tool-tip covering the bookmarks bar once you 'mouse-down' to drag it somewhere...
yes i am running 3.0.7 and still have the problem. i tried mzfusers solution and it just removed the favicon which does not solve the problem since what i want to do is have quick access to drag and drop storage of bookmarks to my favorites bar folders. without the favicon there is no drag and drop.
john.quillen

Post by john.quillen »

Guest wrote:
Littlemutt wrote:

yes i am running 3.0.7 and still have the problem. i tried mzfusers solution and it just removed the favicon which does not solve the problem since what i want to do is have quick access to drag and drop storage of bookmarks to my favorites bar folders. without the favicon there is no drag and drop.

I found this thread due to the same issue - I want to drag the favicon link to my Links toolbar (I do this a lot). I tried the userChrome.css fix with the same result.

Is there a way to tell css to suppress the tooltip just for the identity-box?

Thanks
dalijon44

Post by dalijon44 »

I'm really frustrated -- I have been dragging and dropping the icons that appear in the address bar or tabs into folders I've created in the Bookmarks toolbar for some time -- now a lot of the time it doesn't work and I get the "this website does not supply identity information" pop-up. I've tried some of the suggestions here but they don't seem to work for me (don't want to turn off tooltips). I'm using FF 3.5.2 -- anyone having same problem and/or have a solution?

Thanks
pschroeter

Post by pschroeter »

dalijon44 wrote:I'm really frustrated -- I have been dragging and dropping the icons that appear in the address bar or tabs into folders I've created in the Bookmarks toolbar for some time -- now a lot of the time it doesn't work and I get the "this website does not supply identity information" pop-up. I've tried some of the suggestions here but they don't seem to work for me (don't want to turn off tooltips). I'm using FF 3.5.2 -- anyone having same problem and/or have a solution?

Thanks

I've given up on this problem. Instead I use the extension Add Bookmark Here ². Now I right-click on the folder I want to create the bookmark in, choose "add bookmark here..., and the bookmark is created in that folder.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3880

Post by Guest »

dalijon44 wrote:I'm really frustrated -- I have been dragging and dropping the icons that appear in the address bar or tabs into folders I've created in the Bookmarks toolbar for some time -- now a lot of the time it doesn't work and I get the "this website does not supply identity information" pop-up. I've tried some of the suggestions here but they don't seem to work for me (don't want to turn off tooltips). I'm using FF 3.5.2 -- anyone having same problem and/or have a solution?

Thanks

Try this extension:

Patch For Library
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/7103

See list of bugs it fixes, including Bug 312852 in particular.
beatbreaker

Post by beatbreaker »

I'm using firefox 3.5 and this problem is STILL not fixed. What's the deal? the workaround is not a good option for this at all - this page also needs updating https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=312852
teoli2003

Post by teoli2003 »

How the bug is not fixed? It is clearly for me. As soon as I start dragging the favicon, the tooltip disappear allowing me to reach any element beneath it.