Firefox 3.5.5

Re: Firefox crashes when trying to print

Post by Guest »

FIXED

Just updated to Firefox 3.5.6 and problem disappeared
Cebujim

Post by Cebujim »

I recently had the same problem (file: print: crash) Updated the driver for my cannon printer. No more problem. Mac user.

Post by Guest »

Same thing happens to me, with a Canon printer. Very frustrating. I may stop using Firefox and just rely on Safari. I have reported it every time to Firefox, but no response. Perhaps they just don't care when users have this problem.
Guest from IT

Post by Guest from IT »

UngtB wrote:Canon released a module to fix an issue with data execution prevention causing a crash (or rather the printer driver causing a crash) when trying to print from Firefox (september 2009). Here's the link for Canon's European download center:

http://software.canon-europe.com/softwa ... asp?model=

This fixed the problem for me!

Maybe I'm way off here, cause I haven't gone through all the posts and I have no clue about CUPS drivers, but ass said, this worked for me. Firefox (3.0.15) crashed all the time for me when I tried to print, and the data execution prevention window kept popping up. It continued to crash all the time, no matter how many times or how many apps I tried to leave FF off the exec prev. list (IE on the other hand worked fine to just tick of the list)

Downloaded the update from Canon and installed, now the printer works fine and FF do not crash. =D>

Thanks
DETerry

Post by DETerry »

I was able to fix the problem with a Canon Laser 2050P by uninstalling Firefox and installing a fresh copy of the browser, uninstall the printer and software, reboot install an updated driver from Canon. Everything printed fine after that. The newest software/driver for this printer is dated 2007, the original software is dated 2003. Hope that helps some. :)

Post by Guest »

Grumpus wrote:What Printers?
What printer software, HP, FOO or Cups?
What printers show in the page setup panel?
This happens to me too. Often, but not always, when FF is restored, you can print the page. But it can also go to the spinning beach ball of hang.

Firefox 3.5.7
iMac with OS 10.5.8
Canon MP980 printer and driver
fly

Post by fly »

I am having this problem also. Has there been any solutions to the problem.

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7
fly

Post by fly »

Forgot to mention I am trying to print to a Canon MX850. It's usually on the 2nd print most of the time.

I have tried resetting my printer and doing the unplugging
appetito

Post by appetito »

Guest from IT wrote:
UngtB wrote:Canon released a module to fix an issue with data execution prevention causing a crash (or rather the printer driver causing a crash) when trying to print from Firefox (september 2009). Here's the link for Canon's European download center:

Maybe I'm way off here, cause I haven't gone through all the posts and I have no clue about CUPS drivers, but ass said, this worked for me. Firefox (3.0.15) crashed all the time for me when I tried to print, and the data execution prevention window kept popping up. It continued to crash all the time, no matter how many times or how many apps I tried to leave FF off the exec prev. list (IE on the other hand worked fine to just tick of the list)

Downloaded the update from Canon and installed, now the printer works fine and FF do not crash. =D>

Thanks

And me to)) (LBP -1120 FF 3.5.7)
bray_john

Post by bray_john »

Canon released a module to fix an issue with data execution prevention causing a crash (or rather the printer driver causing a crash) when trying to print from Firefox (september 2009). Here's the link for Canon's European download center:

Yes, this worked for me too, although it wasn't as straight-forward as most download & installs (for me anyway). I had to think/guess a bit during install process, although it wasn't really hard. Just not as idiot-proofed as I've gotten used to over the past 5-10 years.
helper0

Post by helper0 »

I had the same issue. Here is what I did

Export all my bookmarks
uninstall firefox
download the latest version
install firefox

The problem seems to be gone.

Hope this helps
jjthomasforreal

Post by jjthomasforreal »

testff wrote:Here is a stack trace of a crashing ff 3.5 (OpenSuSE Linux 10.2):

If I disable cups with

rccups stop

The print dialog does no longer crash.

Same thing with slackware 13.1. Stopped cups and the crashing went away. Not an ideal solution, but it works. Thank you for posting you fix. :)

-JJ