MozillaZine

ssl_error_bad_mac_read error

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
kotlomoy as guest

Post Posted September 17th, 2008, 10:38 am

Every time I open Extensions window in Mozilla Firefox 3.0.1 message with ssl_error_bad_mac_read error appears.

I think it started after I tried to install Pandazilla extension

kotlomoy as quest

Post Posted September 17th, 2008, 10:44 am

There is SSL topic just upped. Didn't found it with "ssl_error_bad_mac_read" query. My mistake

Post Posted February 1st, 2009, 5:32 am

Anonymous wrote:There is SSL topic just upped. Didn't found it with "ssl_error_bad_mac_read" query. My mistake
Error code: ssl_error_bad_mac_read
ple tell me how to solve

malliz
Folder@Home

Post Posted February 1st, 2009, 5:34 am

Did you install any extensions? And does it do it in Firefox Safe Mode?
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode

Make sure that Firefox is closed before trying safe mode
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"

Post Posted April 20th, 2009, 1:22 am

I have the same error since 2 days and tried to start Firefox in safe mode, but without any success.
My os is Vista, Firefox the newest version and goes through a proxy (Squid 2.7.STABLE3 on Debian Lenny 5), but same error, if I want to connect directly.

The problem only happens sometimes, if I try to connect a Web-Gui in local area network in ssl modus!

the one from yesterday

Post Posted April 21st, 2009, 12:45 am

I think the problem has been solved. I'm not sure fore the reason why, I deinstalled firefox windows mediaplayer plugin, deactivated teamviewer autostart and other unneeded services of vista.
I think, the problem can be found on system self. A few minutes, before I made this setting, I had an unexpected error in ssl with putty.
What I have noticed with Firefox in relation with described ssl_error_bad_mac_read error was, that every new ssl site I opened, I saw a shortly blank white screen!

Post Posted August 4th, 2009, 6:11 am

I also have this error. Why didn't anyone come back and report the fix?

teoli2003

Post Posted August 4th, 2009, 8:16 am

Because this is a server problem (or proxy). After some times the site owner fix his server. That's not a problem in Firefox.

Nunya_Business

Post Posted August 6th, 2009, 7:58 am

teoli2003 wrote:Because this is a server problem (or proxy). After some times the site owner fix his server. That's not a problem in Firefox.

I am having this as well with FF 3.0.13, I do.nt have any problems opening the same pages with IE6 which indicates to me the server is fine. I also get "Redirect Loop" errors using FF but not with IE

Todd TCE

Post Posted August 19th, 2009, 6:53 pm

Problem persists on two of my machines. Tried the cache clearing thing and that did nothing. Any other ideas for the layman type?

guest22222

Post Posted September 20th, 2010, 1:15 pm

i have this problem in IE, firefox and google chrome. I didnt installed any addons; because this is a brand new laptop. My old laptop didnt had any problems. It allso won'tb let me use msn and stuff ... only easy to load site's work..

student101

Post Posted September 26th, 2010, 2:42 am

guest22222 wrote:i have this problem in IE, firefox and google chrome. I didnt installed any addons; because this is a brand new laptop. My old laptop didnt had any problems. It allso won'tb let me use msn and stuff ... only easy to load site's work..

same here , bought a new laptop and for me to view any sites with some kind of authentication, i either get that ssl-error-bad-read, or the page loads up and is visible for a split second ,then firefox will come up with something along the lines "the connection to "xxx.xxxxxx.xx.xx" was interupted - then it will recommend that i check my firewall settings etc" im not a complete noob and have tried all the general recommendations known to regular pc users but i cant seem to get around this.
im running windows 7,i have reinstalled firefoxfox - ive run it in safe mode - disabled addons - disbled the firewall (temporarily) (i fully scanned the laptop after so theres nothing lurking about ).

Also i have noticed that if i keep refreshing a page after the ssl-bad mac.....error it will eventually load the page (on avarage 3 - 5 refreshes)
If i try to up date firefox via HELP > CHECK FOR UPDATES i get the following error "Update XML file malformed (200)"

Anone else had any luck ?

rotodyne

Post Posted September 30th, 2010, 9:38 pm

I have been having literally the exact same problems as you with a brand new Asus. It's driving me crazy trying to find the cause!

TheCabDriver

Post Posted September 30th, 2010, 9:39 pm

student101 wrote:
guest22222 wrote:i have this problem in IE, firefox and google chrome. I didnt installed any addons; because this is a brand new laptop. My old laptop didnt had any problems. It allso won'tb let me use msn and stuff ... only easy to load site's work..

same here , bought a new laptop and for me to view any sites with some kind of authentication, i either get that ssl-error-bad-read, or the page loads up and is visible for a split second ,then firefox will come up with something along the lines "the connection to "xxx.xxxxxx.xx.xx" was interupted - then it will recommend that i check my firewall settings etc" im not a complete noob and have tried all the general recommendations known to regular pc users but i cant seem to get around this.
im running windows 7,i have reinstalled firefoxfox - ive run it in safe mode - disabled addons - disbled the firewall (temporarily) (i fully scanned the laptop after so theres nothing lurking about ).

Also i have noticed that if i keep refreshing a page after the ssl-bad mac.....error it will eventually load the page (on avarage 3 - 5 refreshes)
If i try to up date firefox via HELP > CHECK FOR UPDATES i get the following error "Update XML file malformed (200)"

Anone else had any luck ?

I bought a brand new Asus and I'm having the EXACT same problems. So frustrating...anyone know what the problem is?

MaxTheJavist

Post Posted October 2nd, 2010, 1:45 pm

I have also an ASUS and the same problem...

Return to Firefox Support