Can't find xul.dll Error Report

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
bobengel

Can't find xul.dll Error Report

Post by bobengel »

Firefox 3 suddenly failed to work followed by the error message "Can't find xul.dll----". I tried reinstalling latest version several times but prolem persists. I tried uninstalling current version but error report prevents me from uninstalling.

I searched the Firefox files and found that xul.dll does exist in the main Firefox folder. I tried to copy this file to Windows System 32 folder but I'm having permission problems even though I'm the computer adminisrator.

Any assistance will be appreciated.
bobengel

Re: Can't find xul.dll Error Report

Post by bobengel »

bobengel wrote:Firefox 3 suddenly failed to work followed by the error message "Can't find xul.dll----". I tried reinstalling latest version several times but prolem persists. I tried uninstalling current version but error report prevents me from uninstalling.

I searched the Firefox files and found that xul.dll does exist in the main Firefox folder. I tried to copy this file to Windows System 32 folder but I'm having permission problems even though I'm the computer adminisrator.

Any assistance will be appreciated.
After many tries of various suggestions, on one of the forums, I found a suggestion to run the installation file for Firfox3 in a different folder than the default. I just selected "Custom Install" and changed the default installation folder from "-----firefox" to "------firefoxfix". Now it seems to work fine. It installed and there was no error message after starting the program. Apparently, attempting to reinstall Firefox over an existing installation caused the problem even though I had uninstalled the existing version using Control Panel.

Uninstalling programs via the Contol Panel does not always remove all the old files so this may be part of the problem. I didn't make any other changes to the computer that might have made the program work again without the error report. I'll admit, however, that this might not work for the many others with the same problem that posted to the forum.

Post by Guest »

---------------------------
firefox.exe - Bad Image
The application or DLL F:\Program Files\MozillaFF\xul.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.
OK
Appeared after last update

Post by Guest »

Here is another solution I used to solve this problem:

First, have another computer with Firefox thats running normal. Then on that working computer go to the Program Files/Mozilla Firefox/ Copy the file xul.dll

Then go to the computer that has uxl.dll error and then Replace the xul.dll that you copy from the working computer on same location.

Note: xul.dll file should be no more than 9-10mb for Firefox Version 3.0.

Now your Firefox should work normal again.
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

Read the dates of the postings, you're attempting to help users who posted 4 and 6 months ago.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Locking
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."