Firefox 3 - weird bookmarks menu problem

User Help for Mozilla Firefox

Re: Firefox 3 - weird bookmarks menu problem

Post by Guest »

Thanks, Guys! I also just disabled Kaspersky's virtual keyboard with Autoruns and got rid of the problem. From what I read on the provided Kaspersky forum links, this issue was apparently fixed once and then it popped up again in a newer build. FYI to anyone who is interested and didn't read the other forum posts, the dll to disable in Autoruns is:

C:\PROGRA~1\KASPER~1\KASPER~1\mzvkbd3.dllMozilla 3 Virtual Keyboard Kaspersky Lab c:\program files\kaspersky lab\kaspersky internet security 2009\mzvkbd3.dll

Thanks again,

Mike
purefusion

Post by purefusion »

I do NOT have kapersky and have the same issue. My workaround has been to click tools, then roll over to tab. But it can be annoying when I forget.
burna

Post by burna »

I'm having the same problem but do not have kapersky installed.
XP SP3. This issue has only started happening since the last update.
"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science, 1949.
simcoe

Post by simcoe »

I think it may be a conflict with the WOT extension. When I disable WOT, this behavior doesn't occur.
hazlinaj

Post by hazlinaj »

I do not have Kaspersky and I also do not use WOT extension. It gets so annoying to the point that I decided to downgrade to Firefox 2.0. The problem was gone for awhile but since my Firefox update was set to automatic, in no time, I was upgraded to Firefox 3.0.3 again (LOL).
The problem came back up again, but this time around I changed my update sub-menu a little bit, only "automatically check update for installed add-ons", and I also disable automatic download and installation for firefox. I also deleted some of my bookmarks that I seldomly use and move them to IE.
Those annoying "page bookmarked" box is now gone. For good...(i hope!)

Post by Guest »

I have this problem and i am not using kaspersky ¬_¬ what is this virtual keyboard?

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:I have this problem and i am not using kaspersky ¬_¬ what is this virtual keyboard?
The "virtual keyboard" referenced here is part of the Kasperasky Internet Security 2009 product.
mememe123

Post by mememe123 »

I have the same problem and do not use kaspersky. anyone with any ideas?
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

Did you try Safe mode or a new profile?
If it still happens with a new profile then it is most likely caused by other software on your computer.

Safe mode
Standard diagnostic: Profile issues

Post by Guest »

I am running Ubuntu Linux and have encountered the same problem.

Extensions running:
Adblock plus
NoScript

Probably a firefox issue. Has anybody filed a bug report for this?
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

The Real Player Browser Record Plugin has been mentioned in another thread as causing that Edit this Bookmark dialog to appear when clicking Bookmarks.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
BostonDave

Post by BostonDave »

I am a super basic user - no Kaspersky or virtual keyboard (I don't even know what they are).

I get the silly "Edit this Bookmark" or "Bookmark this page" dialog box half the time when I click on the "Bookmarks" item in the menu bar - I was reasonaly sure that this had become the default for all clicks on "Bookmarks," unless FF detected that your last action was to close the unwanted dialog box. For me, this is super-irritating
jaystak

Post by jaystak »

How did you disable the virtual keyboard?
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

jaystak, Please read the 1st page of this thread for more info..
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
slick_nick

Post by slick_nick »

I've been having the same issue, using the latest Firefox, but...on Ubuntu 8.04 AND now 8.10. The bug thus would seem to not be OS specific but something within Firefox.