Removing the Java Quick Starter Add-on

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Craig Mitchell

Re: Removing the Java Quick Starter Add-on

Post by Craig Mitchell »

To turn it off, go to Control Panel -> Java -> Advanced Tab -> Miscellaneous -> Untick "Java Quick Starter"
Craig Mitchell

Post by Craig Mitchell »

To turn it off, go to Control Panel -> Java -> Advanced Tab -> Miscellaneous -> Untick "Java Quick Starter"
YUHAIAN

Post by YUHAIAN »

Delete both keys at this location:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mozilla\Firefox\extensions

I removed this add-on and another bad Microsoft add-on "Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant". ( see http://annoyances.org/exec/show/article08-600 )

Both bad to me.
Anteaus

Post by Anteaus »

I'm surprised that so many people are installing Java, anyway.

I can't recall when I last encountered a website using the plugin. On the desktop, Eclipse and Cisco IOS are about the only things I can think of that use it these days -and if there were non-Java alternatives I wouldn't use those either.
BloodDumpster

Post by BloodDumpster »

Running jqs -unregister is probably the best way to do this since it both stops the jqs.exe process from running and deletes the service.
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

Anteaus wrote:I'm surprised that so many people are installing Java, anyway.

I can't recall when I last encountered a website using the plugin. On the desktop, Eclipse and Cisco IOS are about the only things I can think of that use it these days -and if there were non-Java alternatives I wouldn't use those either.

In my case, my Bit Torrent Client (Vuze) uses Java to operate.
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.1.0, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.9.1esr, Thunderbird 115.9.0, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18.2
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Since this was answered long ago I am going to lock it. If anyone has an issue not covered here please start a new thread.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."