Jar:File not found error

User Help for Mozilla Firefox

Re: Jar:File not found error

Post by Guest »

Had the same problem after installing Ask.com toolbar with newest ZoneAlarm. After uninstalling the plugin it started to work as it should.
Leonid Egorov

Post by Leonid Egorov »

1. Uninstall ASK Toolbar
2. Find and delete file AskSearch.js
3. Firefox work OK
chris8hr

Post by chris8hr »

yep asktoolbar is the culprit
aspgk13

Post by aspgk13 »

ask.com toolbar was the problem. I didn't even know it was installed on my computer.
Guest999

Post by Guest999 »

Ask.com toolbar was the culprit for me, too. It installed with FoxIt PDF reader.
vltn80

Post by vltn80 »

i have the same problem after update java, so i try to disable java from control panel. you can access google.com again after it, but my questions is how i can fix it ? if i need my java running.
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

mozilllllaboyyi

Post by mozilllllaboyyi »

i have the problem where when i go to firefox it says mozilla firefox jar:file///C:/Program files/Mozilla Firefox/chrome/en-US.jar!/locale/browser-region/region.properties and also IE wont work or my aim browser. there may be a trojan horse or something although i deleted it... can somebody help.. i didnt install any ask toolbar or anything mentioned above.. thanks
erkut_bey

Post by erkut_bey »

hey..

if you are sure to uninstall ask.com toolbar

please close firefox

go to the {Program Files}Mozilla Firefox\components

and delete AskSearch.js

start firefox..

it will be working..

blessings..
Guestas

Post by Guestas »

Had the same problem. FoxIt reader add-on was causing the problem. FIrefox works fine after uninstalling the add-on.
sweg

Post by sweg »

I have the same problem, started the same day Ask.com tool bar was installed with Dell Web Cam. I uninstalled Ask.com, but I still get the error.

Post by Guest »

thanks man its really works thanks a lot man

see my blog sites

http://tech-what-next.blogspot.com/

http://music-what-next.blogspot.com/

Post by Guest »

Thanks everyone. I'm finding that often the "go back" button or backspace causes on of the dreaded "jar file" errors. I've uninstalled (and deleted from registry) the ask files and foxit reader addon. I'll give that a go.
shogun4877

Post by shogun4877 »

I am having the exact same error message an problem, except when I look in the add-ons for the Ask.com toolbar, there are no extensions whatsoever listed. However, when I search for AskSearch.js, the file is there. Simply deleting it did not work.

After trying a Sytem Restore and uninstalling, then reinstalling Firefox, I now cannot even open the FF program. IE does not work either after all this.

Can anyone help me at all? Thank you very much in advance.

Post by Guest »

It was the foxit toolbar that caused me this issue, thanks to everyone in this thread.