Jar:File not found error

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
maruati

Re: Jar:File not found error

Post by maruati »

i have 2 add-ons, dna and idm,no ask.com, but this problem happens after i uninstall google chrome,i've re-installed FF twice but error still appears. Can anyone help me,thanks a bunch
kazemizuhi

Post by kazemizuhi »

I had the same issue. However I had already uninstalled the ask.com toolbar weeks ago. It had come prebundled with Vuze (new build of Azeurus) and was force installed despite opting not to install it. Anyhow, I uninstalled Vuze and everything seems to be working fine (even without restarting Firefox).

FYI: Firefox 3.0.1 (I refuse to upgrade as there's always new issues that pop up).

Post by Guest »

Disabling ask.com toolbar did the job!

Post by Guest »

Just fixed this problem, I disabled Ask toolbar :D
pur420

Post by pur420 »

jar:file:///C:/Program Files/Mozilla Firefox/chrome/en-US.jar!/locale/browser-region/region.propertieswww.carandmodel.com. I didn't have the Ask.com toolbar but I did have winamp toolbar so I uninstalled Winamp toolbar and it seems the problem stopped.

Post by Guest »

Thanks for all the help on removing this problem.

You've all been a great help, cheers :)
KTBFFH

Post by KTBFFH »

I've had this problem for about a week - disabling foxit toolbar fixed it.

Seems Firefox has a toolbar bug somewere...

Post by Guest »

I had the same issue - it appears that removing the Ask toolbar (which I didn't want anyway) solved the problem. Thanks for the fix - it was really annoying.
Travito

Post by Travito »

Foxit Reader's Toolbar will do the same
JESTER65

Post by JESTER65 »

run regcure...it's free
mantahjxfhbuxlb

Post by mantahjxfhbuxlb »

omg it is not friggin ask.com because i have the same stupid ass error and i have never in my life had ask.com addon
flash7

Post by flash7 »

Yeah guys, it's because ASK addon
when i disabled them -- problem go away
venkiin

Post by venkiin »

had the exact same issue, ask.com toolbar was the culprit.
Pebbles_13

Post by Pebbles_13 »

dav4is wrote:The culprit seems to be the add-on Ask.com toolbar 2.1.0.3. Disabling that made the error go away.

Now, where did that add-on come from? Did it come with the COMODO security package?

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! This has been bugging me for the past week and it was working at home for tehe most part, btu when I got into school and used the school proxy, I got this error all the time! And internet explorer worked (which was how I found this) but I much prefer firefox. It took me a while, but this is the most helpful find I've found!

Thank you so much! =]
Smile=]

Post by Smile=] »

mantahjxfhbuxlb wrote:omg it is not friggin ask.com because i have the same stupid ass error and i have never in my life had ask.com addon

Me neither, but I had it. It's one of those things that will sneak onto your computer. I was dubious at first, especially because I don't even use Ask.com, but the addon was there. Just try it. You can rant with your bad grammar and use of the English language after you've proven it wrong.