[update 9-18]Answer to Launch.com WMP/ActiveX stuff(mostly)

User Help for Mozilla Firefox

Post by Guest »

add this to the user agent switcher, worked for me

Description: Netscape 7.1 (Windows XP)
User Agent:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; Localization; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030624 Netscape/7.1 (ax)
RoseCityMike

Post by RoseCityMike »

On the regular user agent profile, there isn't a "Netscape 7.1" choice -- do I need to load something?

Thanks.
LeRoi

Post by LeRoi »

Go to tools>user agent switcher>options and change the max # of uas; add or remove as you wish.
RoseCityMike

Post by RoseCityMike »

Thanks LeRoi - I'll try that!

On another note; I copied the java script console error (see below) Could this tell someone what is happening to my player? Again; the player loads but no video runs :-(

Error: this.pluginObject.Open is not a function
Source File: http://a1568.g.akamai.net/7/1568/1600/2 ... aplayer.js
Line: 132
audioroxor

Post by audioroxor »

Anon: I did though... that link you supplied in the original post.. I installed that.

Does putting those 2 files in the plugins folder hurt it anyway?
Last edited by audioroxor on July 12th, 2004, 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
d00gs

Post by d00gs »

*gasp*

I was spoofing as Netrscape 4.7....chaning it to Netscape 7.1 (including the (ax) at the end) fixed it.
Cool. Thanks people :)
The sooner you fall behind, the longer you have to catch up.
d00gs

Post by d00gs »

Okay, actually the video works fine (which is most of what matters). but the song info on the left (song, artist, album, rating, etc.) doesn't show...not a big deal, but just wondering if anyone gets that.
The sooner you fall behind, the longer you have to catch up.

Post by Guest »

well in the browser if you leave it set to netscape 7.1 the info should be there. At least it is for me.
AnonEmoose

Post by AnonEmoose »

audioroxor wrote:Anon: I did though... that link you supplied in the original post.. I installed that.

Does putting those 2 files in the plugins folder hurt it anyway?
Not at all, it doesn't hurt, actually those files are the Officail WMP plugin for Netscape/Moz and will be used for non-activex pages that have Windows Media. Yahoo, however uses the activex methos so u need the activex file (from the first post) if u want to see/hear the videos

Just don't confuse it with the activex method that the original post is about.
thanat

Post by thanat »

Oh wow. I had a slightly different User Agent (actually I had it all wrong and put in Mozilla 7.1, netscape 7.1 and a whole other errors), copying what guest posted above verbatim made it work. Thanks very much!

Post by Guest »

is there anyway i can watch yahoo launch videos under linux
bigsoos

Post by bigsoos »

got the videos to work, thanks!

question, why won't the pop up windows appear on the site when you hold the cursor over Launch tabs?

Post by Guest »

i followed every step but i can only hear the audio. video does not show. could anyone help me out? thx
AnonEmoose

Post by AnonEmoose »

Anonymous wrote:i followed every step but i can only hear the audio. video does not show. could anyone help me out? thx
Perhaps u hav a slow connection or u don't have the proper Video codec (does it play in IE?? )

Post by Guest »

I followed every step too and I have got video from ABC news at Yahoo News. But Launch Music Videos (http://launch.yahoo.com/musicvideos/)says me:

"ERROR
To use this application with Netscape, you must use a 4.7x or 7.1 version. Download now.
Please use the following error code when writing to Yahoo! Help. (Error Code: 12)"

and Launch Music Radio (http://radio.launch.yahoo.com) says me:

"Error
Sorry, we do not support Netscape on the Windows platform.
Error Code: 25 - 0"

I use FireFox 0.9.2 and Windows 2000.

Any suggestion?