Removing > from replies

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
OZO

Removing > from replies

Post by OZO »

How to remove > from reply messages?

In a while it makes replies hard to read... I think there should be a configuration option for that, but I can't find it.
DanRaisch

Re: Removing > from replies

Post by DanRaisch »

OZO

Post by OZO »

@DanRaisch, thank you for suggestion. Unfortunately I'm afraid to use QuoteAndComposeManager add-on as it blocks me from copying text from Clipboard into a new message. See this discussion. After I removed it from TB, I was able to paste data from Clipboard into a new message just fine.

Is there anything that I can change in TB's configuration to remove > ? I think it's very basic functionality for any mail client and I remember, that it was very easy task in old Outlook...
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

I'm not aware of any config option for that. http://kb.mozillazine.org/Quote_bars
OZO

Post by OZO »

OK, if there is no other options to remove > from replies except to install that add-on I've decided to try it again.

I've just downloaded QuoteAndComposeManager-0.4.1.xpi manually and installed it again in TB 45.8.0. It looks like the problem (preventing paste from Clipboard into a new messages that I've seen in version 0.3.32.1) got fixed in version 0.4.1. So, I'm a happy camper again :)

Thank you, @DanRaisch
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You're welcome. I've been using that extension for a while without problems. Maybe it updated beyond the problem without me running into it.