Can I include a photo as part of my signature?

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Nisko555

Can I include a photo as part of my signature?

Post by Nisko555 »

If so, how do I do it? Thank you!
DanRaisch

Re: Can I include a photo as part of my signature?

Post by DanRaisch »

Nisko555

Post by Nisko555 »

Thank you! I now have my signature in all my emails (my name and telephone number). Now, how do I add my photograph? I'm not familiar with the syntax.
Nisko555

Need HTML code to place jpg photo in my Signature

Post by Nisko555 »

Below is the code I use for my signature in Thunderbird. I don't know the HTML language - someone gave this code to me. Now, I'd like to add my photo to the signature and need someone to give me the necessary code - or direct me to the right place. Thank you.......

<BR>
<b><font color="green">xxxxxxxxxx</font></b>
<BR>
<b><font color="green">401.821.6565</font></b>
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

I have both photo and text. I took a screenshot, cropped and made it into a jpg. No code needed
2 Desktops--Win 7 Ult.SP1 x64/6GB RAM /Firefox 52.9ESR/Waterfox64 2022.11/Thunderbird 52.9ESR/BitWarden PW Manager/Verizon FIOS wired network
Nisko555

Post by Nisko555 »

But I would like to do it the hard way - with code. That way, I learn a little about the HTML language. Thanks for your response.
BruceAWittmeier

Post by BruceAWittmeier »

I'd suggest LoveMyFoxy's idea -- it will make life more simple.

From the instructions -- bottom of the page.

Code: Select all

Including an image in your signature
To include an image in your HTML signature (this won't work with plain-text signatures), include the image in the message in the normal way.
If the image file is on your computer, then Thunderbird attaches the file in each message that you send, so that people who receive your message can see the image.
If the image is on a web server, then you can choose not to attach the file. However, in this case people who receive your message might not see the image if they choose to block remote images for privacy reasons.
If you create a signature file using some other program, ensure that the image tag contains the complete URL of the image file, not just the file name. Thunderbird requires a complete URL so that it can attach the image.
If you get a "Sending of message failed. There was an error attaching . Please check if you have access to the file" error message you might be running into a bug that changes the path of the image file. Try installing the QuoteAndComposeManager add-on and checking "Try to fix images paths in functions etc" if that occurs.
Edit:

Meant to include this too -- this will show you the syntax for HTML:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML
and this:
https://www.w3schools.com/html/
Last edited by BruceAWittmeier on September 21st, 2017, 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I often take a long windy road to my destination. Upon arrival, I wonder how I missed the shortcut.
Nisko555

Post by Nisko555 »

Thank you for your response. However, I don't want to have to manually place the image in each email that I send. I'd like it to be included in the signature code (see several posts above). Perhaps I just don't understand. Do you mean to place the file of the image (in my case) just above the code I posted? Thank you.
BruceAWittmeier

Post by BruceAWittmeier »

The image contains the text within therefore only requires the image file in the signature << I think :)

Then you just add the image in your signature.

=========

Find a site to generate cool signature files like this and use it for your signature:

http://flamingtext.com/

I often take a long windy road to my destination. Upon arrival, I wonder how I missed the shortcut.
Nisko555

Post by Nisko555 »

Thanks for replying. However, I still don't understand how to do this.
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

Did you go to Flaming Text, or are you creating it yourself? On flamingtext, write your signature as you want it, then choose which logo you want, and download it. But you can't use photos there. Put it in a folder where it won't get moved, and point Account Settings to it.

If you want a photo, see my instructions above.

Here's the one I made myself , and the pics on the bottom row are not mine:
http://tinypic.com/r/28jy9l0/9,
and it gets inserted automatically at the end of my email.
2 Desktops--Win 7 Ult.SP1 x64/6GB RAM /Firefox 52.9ESR/Waterfox64 2022.11/Thunderbird 52.9ESR/BitWarden PW Manager/Verizon FIOS wired network
Nisko555

Post by Nisko555 »

Thanks for the help. It'll take me a few days before I have a chance to try this.
Nisko555

Post by Nisko555 »

LoveMyFoxy wrote:Did you go to Flaming Text, or are you creating it yourself? On flamingtext, write your signature as you want it, then choose which logo you want, and download it. But you can't use photos there. Put it in a folder where it won't get moved, and point Account Settings to it.

Please explain what you mean by putting it in a folder where it won't get moved (I get this part) - but what do you mean by pointing Account Settings to it? Please give me an example - using the code I posted earlier. Thank you.
Nisko555

Post by Nisko555 »

Nisko555 wrote:
LoveMyFoxy wrote:Did you go to Flaming Text, or are you creating it yourself? On flamingtext, write your signature as you want it, then choose which logo you want, and download it. But you can't use photos there. Put it in a folder where it won't get moved, and point Account Settings to it.

Please explain what you mean by putting it in a folder where it won't get moved (I get this part) - but what do you mean by pointing Account Settings to it? Please give me an example - using the code I posted earlier. Thank you.
How does it get inserted automatically at the end of your emails? You must have to point to it somehow?
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

Up in the menu bar, click Tools>Account Settings
You'll get a window like this:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2vsltdz&s=9

I can't help you with the HTML, because I just use an image.

Skip the part about HTML, and check "Attach the signature from a file instead..."
then browse to where you have the file. It will always be added to your email. If you ever want to change it, just remove the file, make a new one, and navigate to that one.

When you're done, there might be other Account Settings in that box that would interest you. And also in Tools>Options.