Search --> "Open email as list"

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
reevuur

Search --> "Open email as list"

Post by reevuur »

I often use the software MailStore to search emails in Thunderbird.

If I search emails I want the search results opened as list and not in the current TB page (filters/people/folder/tags).

Yes, I know that there is a possibility to click on the link "Open email as list" but I would like to know if it is possible to obtain immediately the search results in a list, without the filters/people/folder/tags page.

There once was a add-on "Search as list" but the add-on is not updated anymore and is not compatible with TB 60.2.1

Thanks.
tanstaafl

Re: Search --> "Open email as list"

Post by tanstaafl »

I can install "Search as list" at https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-US/th ... st/?src=ss with version 60.2.1 under Windows 10. I set extensions.strictCompatibility false in the config editor to let me attempt to install add-ons that don't claim to support version 60. However, I need to click on the "open email as list" link to get the search results as a list, so it is probably not working. Unfortunately the web page has no support page or a email address to contact the author.

Did it work with 60.0? http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=3041270 (Thunderbird 60 / Addon Compatibility thread) might give you some ideas. "Search as list" wasn't mentioned in that thread as broken, though only a couple of dozen add-osn were discussed.
reevuur

Post by reevuur »

Hello Tanstaafl,

Thank you for your reply
It didn't work in TB60 neither in TB57.

(To install /test the add-on I changed 'max' in install.rdf to 62.*)
morat

Post by morat »

reevuur

Post by reevuur »

Thank you!!