I can't recognize Thunderbirdin this link?

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
mozilla-vetaran

I can't recognize Thunderbirdin this link?

Post by mozilla-vetaran »

Is this an old version of TB in the link?

Im running the newest version of TB 64 bit US English versioon.

https://protonmail.com/bridge/thunderbird
DanRaisch

Re: I can't recognize Thunderbirdin this link?

Post by DanRaisch »

I can't tell what version they might be showing in that image but why do you ask? What problem are you having and what "newest version" of Thunderbird do you have running?
mozilla-vetaran

It doesn't look like the way i setup new accounts in TB.
Last edited by mozilla-vetaran on October 21st, 2018, 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

It's showing a profile with no accounts set up, with just the ( Local Folders pseudo-account in place.
James

Post by James »

mozilla-vetaran wrote:Im running the newest version of TB 64 bit US English versioon.
If you mean for WIndows, the Win64 builds of Thunderbird 60.0 are Not officially supported which is why they are not listed on https://www.thunderbird.net/thunderbird/all/ along with 32-bit version.

Thunderbird changed it's build process to move it into line with the Firefox process. A side effect is a 64-bit (Win640 builds appearing in the release folders by accident.

Win64 Releases of Thunderbird may not be officially supported until next year. So use that Win64 Thunderbird 60.0 at your own risk.
mozilla-vetaran

There is nothing wrong with the 64 Bit. as far as been on my own risk i think all free software is on my own risk.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

If you are using the bridge executable I suggest you get it working first with a 32 bit build as it appears to use a local proxy. It also looks like if you have multiple PrototonMail email addresses it separately fetches mail using multiple identities for one IMAP account rather than have multiple IMAP accounts. That's not the way multiple identities normally work, they're normally for sending (not receiving) from multiple From: addresses. Who knows what assumptions they made to get that to work.