Unread Messages Box missing!

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
orealius

Unread Messages Box missing!

Post by orealius »

In TB 52.9.1 the "unread messages" box, near the "from" list is not showing up for some reason. Any way to get it back?

Thanks
tanstaafl

Re: Unread Messages Box missing!

Post by tanstaafl »

Try clicking on the little widget at the far right of the columns in the folder pane, and select unread in the popup window. That should enable the unread column in the folder pane.
orealius

Post by orealius »

That is showing up. But where is the 'unread' icon that appeared right next to the correspondents column? I can only get that by going to the quick filter and clicking an icon that says" show only unread messages?"
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

You're talking about the folder listing now. (Left) Click on the weird looking widget to the far right of the columns in the folder listing and select "unread".
orealius

Post by orealius »

I think I have that checked. It shows the number of unread messages.
orealius

Post by orealius »

I'm looking for the text that says: " show only unread messages" Is this a different than the little widget at the far right of the columns in the folder pane you previously referred to?
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

Yes. I'm not certain what you're referring to. There is a "view -> messages -> unread" menu command.

Can you provide me more context on where you see this text? The quick filter bar has a "unread" button on the left that if you hover the mouse over it says "show only unread messages". Is that what you are asking about?
orealius

Post by orealius »

Yes...This should be showing without the quick filter engaged, as "unread messages" right at the to,p or at the side of the "from" column. It seems to have disappeared!
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

Its part of the filters for the quick filter bar on my PC. I suspect you are thinking about something else.

There is a "Mail View" widget that you can add by customizing the main toolbar. It defaults to View: All but has a Unread choice in the list box.
orealius

Post by orealius »

right...that's it.

thanks much