Incorrect font on replies

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Ed1

Incorrect font on replies

Post by Ed1 »

I have all of the Display settings set to variable width and Arial. I also have the box checked to allow messages to use other fonts, thinking that if a sender wanted me to see their message in another font, that should be OK.

When I reply to a message, the font for my reply text is shown as Times New Roman with a serif font. This happens when the cursor is at the top of the reply typing area. If I move the cursor down before typing, the text style box changes to Arial with variable spacing (as I have set).

But it is annoying to have to move the cursor around to find an area where the font changes to what I have set before beginning to type. This happens on all reply messages that I type.

Why is Thunderbird setting an incorrect font at the default cursor location when the reply window is opened? I have no font control addons. I am using the latest Thunderbird version but this problem has happened over several prior versions.
DanRaisch

Re: Incorrect font on replies

Post by DanRaisch »

Composition fonts are not necessarily the same as display fonts. See if this article is helpful -- http://kb.mozillazine.org/Font_settings_in_Thunderbird