Emails not moving to different folder when dragged

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Debskinner

Emails not moving to different folder when dragged

Post by Debskinner »

Hi
I have an intermittent problem with moving emails from my inbox to other folders. I am using unified folders for inbox (I have 10 email addresses) & quite a number of subfolders in local folders, some of which also have subfolders. When I drag email(s) to another folder usually they just move, but sometimes they don't. Right clicking & selecting move also doesn't work. This quite often happens for only one folder & I can still move emails to other folders. I have found that restarting TB generally fixes the problem.
I have compact folders turned on.
TB 60.6.1
Win 10 home v 1809
16GB RAM
Any suggestions? It's not critical, just a bit irritating
Thanks
DanRaisch

Re: Emails not moving to different folder when dragged

Post by DanRaisch »

How is the account set up in Thunderbird, as POP or IMAP? Find out using menu path Tools->Account Settings->Server Settings->Server Type at the top right of the dialogue.
Debskinner

Post by Debskinner »

The accounts used mostly are IMAP. I have a couple of accounts that are basically not used & they're POP
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Right click on the name of each folder showing that problem and select "Properties" from the context menu, then click on the "Repair Folder" button to cause Thunderbird to rebuild the index file. https://www.lifewire.com/repair-folders ... rd-1173102
Debskinner

Post by Debskinner »

Thanks. Will give it a go. This only happens occasionally (often when I have already moved a number of emails into that particular folder, so it may be a while before I know if this worked