MozillaZine

toggle bar between inbox list and preview has disappeared

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
CaptainPackers

Post Posted June 30th, 2020, 9:16 am

When I first started using Thunderbird, there was a vertical toggle bar between my inbox list and the preview that I could click to toggle between plain text and html views in the preview panel. That bar has disappeared. I found it very convenient and would like to turn it back on. I don't know what I did to disable it, but I can't figure out how to get it back. Anyone know how to enable this again? Thanks in advance.

tanstaafl

Post Posted June 30th, 2020, 11:03 am

Are you using view -> layout -> vertical view (creating three vertical panes, one of which disappeared)?

Try selecting view -> layout -> message pane or press F8.

CaptainPackers

Post Posted June 30th, 2020, 1:02 pm

I am in vertical view and I do have three panes. It's not a pane that has disappeared. It was a long vertical toggle button that resembled a scroll bar, and it had "Text/HTML" written down it. I could click on it and toggle between text and html views.

tanstaafl

Post Posted June 30th, 2020, 1:32 pm

There have been several add-ons that let you add a button to toggle between plain text and HTML. Perhaps you were using one and it was quietly deleted when you upgraded to version 68 because it didn't support that version. I'm used to that type of button being added to the main toolbar, I've never seen one that looked like a vertical scroll bar, but then I always use classic view.

Take a look at https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-US/th ... mp/?src=ss

CaptainPackers

Post Posted July 1st, 2020, 6:43 am

I added the add on toolbar button to allow quick toggling between views, but I really liked the "scroll bar" like toggle. It was right there where my mouse is hovering most of the time.

Return to Thunderbird Support