MozillaZine

Junk icons -

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Telos

Post Posted September 16th, 2020, 8:38 am

What does the color of the junk icon infer...

Gold versus gray. All of these happened automagically. I did not assign a manual "this is junk" designation to these emails.

Google hasn't been kind to me on this question.

makaiguy

Post Posted September 16th, 2020, 11:52 am

Gold/Orange - message is labeled as Junk.
Gray - message is NOT labeled as Junk.

Labeling will show rating from FFox's own junk control, or any manual changes you have made. Your junk control may also be set to honor designations made by the server from which you get your mail.
Doug Wilson, "The Makai Guy"
Win10 (64bit): FF 80.0.1 (64bit), TB 68.12.0 (32-bit) ║ Android 10/7.1.1: FF Mobile 80.1.3, No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers

tanstaafl

Post Posted September 16th, 2020, 2:22 pm

Version 78 drops solid colors and just has a colored outline for most icons. It lets you change the color via properties in the folder pane but by default the junk folder has a red outline, the sent folder a green icon, account icons a blue outline and all remaining icons a grey outline. Icons outside of the folder pane usually have a black outline.

Rather dreary. Really makes me miss support for complete themes.

Telos

Post Posted September 17th, 2020, 11:30 am

makaiguy wrote:Gold/Orange - message is labeled as Junk.
Gray - message is NOT labeled as Junk.

Labeling will show rating from FFox's own junk control, or any manual changes you have made. Your junk control may also be set to honor designations made by the server from which you get your mail.

These messages are all in the Junk folder (I did not move/assign them there). If I understand you correctly, the messages with the gray icons were identified as junk by the mailserver, and the others were marked as junk by Thunderbird.

Thank you. FWIW this is Tbird v68+

Return to Thunderbird Support