Offline Folders

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
ep2012
Location: If you aren't fighting in this war, YOU are part of the problem!

Offline Folders

Post by ep2012 »

Hi,

If I uncheck the folders in the offline folders popup under the advanced synchronization area, will it delete the e-mails from the folder on my computer & therefore TB?

Thanks
Ignoring the Truth about what is going on will NOT make it go away, it will only help those who are destroying US!
tanstaafl

Re: Offline Folders

Post by tanstaafl »

No. It will just ignore those offline folders.

Offline folders are a feature of IMAP accounts. If you delete one it doesn't delete the corresponding remote folder. However, if you delete a remote folder (either via webmail or in the Thunderbird GUI when working in online mode) it will delete any corresponding offline folder when it synchs.
ep2012

Post by ep2012 »

tanstaafl wrote:No. It will just ignore those offline folders.

Offline folders are a feature of IMAP accounts. If you delete one it doesn't delete the corresponding remote folder. However, if you delete a remote folder (either via webmail or in the Thunderbird GUI when working in online mode) it will delete any corresponding offline folder when it synchs.
Ok, so it's not the remote folder we are concerned with, it's the local folder.

Does it delete it there if we uncheck it b/c that account which is no longer active, keeps checking mail & giving me the popup that there's an issue. We are trying to get rid of it & unchecking not to check mail, etc., isn't working.

Thanks
Ignoring the Truth about what is going on will NOT make it go away, it will only help those who are destroying US!
ep2012

Post by ep2012 »

Anyone?

Thanks