Inbox goes blank upon window restore

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
skydvr

Inbox goes blank upon window restore

Post by skydvr »

I searched, but didn't see a report similar to this. Apologies if it's a duplicate.

Lately (for the last week or so), if I have Thunderbird minimized and restore the window, the inbox will suddenly go blank. Meaning, the window that displays the emails in my inbox will suddenly clear itself when I restore the program.

TB Ver 91.2.0 (64-bit) running on Win10.

It doesn't happen all the time - seems to be when I restore after having it minimized for a while. Or possibly, when I restore following my laptop going to sleep. ALl I know right now is that it happens "occasionally", but it's happened enough times that I'm bothering to report it. If I can figure out a way to reproduce it better, I'll update this thread. Also, next time it happens, I'll take a screen shot.

Within the clear window, clicking does nothing, using the scroll wheel does nothing - the window doesn't seem to respond to anything.

My work-around is to click another folder (IE Drafts), then click back to "Inbox" and the emails show as expected. Nothing gets lost, and it works normally from that point on (until the next time the window suddenly clears again - it has happened more than 1 time during 1 running of TB.

It just seems like some kind of display issue, and it's a new issue (to me, at least).

If I can provide any more info, I'd be happy to...

Thanks.
skydvr

Re: Inbox goes blank upon window restore

Post by skydvr »

So this happened again tonight, and I think I see the cause. I deleted an email in the inbox, and the issue happened again. This time I noticed that it was compacting the inbox. When it finished compacting, the inbox displayed normally. I assume it's just an issue where the display of the inbox doesn't update while the compacting is occurring.