Fails to send using filter setting

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
ryadre

Fails to send using filter setting

Post by ryadre »

Hi all
For years I have had Thunderbird move any email with the filter INVOICE to a specified folder and then automatically send the email (with attachment) to my accounting software.
The past few days it is not sending the email. It has an error -

Sending of the message failed.
There was an error attaching samplesample.pdf. Please check that you have access to the file.

If I then manually select the email and forward it, it works. So the email address is still correct that I am trying to send to.

Thunderbird version is 91.3.2 32bit

Thanks for any suggestions!
rubyshroom

Re: Fails to send using filter setting

Post by rubyshroom »

I'm having the same issue, similar situation that it was working last week & has stopped within the last few days.
Version 91.3.2 64bit
IjonTichy

Post by IjonTichy »

Hi,
Tried looking for a solution to this problem on the local TB forum, but apart from finding other people who have it, I haven't found any solution. Did any of you make it ?? Possibly, do the creators of TB have any idea for solving the case ??
mijen67

Post by mijen67 »

I have the same issue.
ryadre

Post by ryadre »

I havent found a solution yet, i have to keep manually forwarding the emails.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

Does this problem only occur when the message has an attachment?

Does this problem only occur with PDF attachments?

Did it used to work with version 91.3.2? If not, what was the last version that it worked?

Does it work in safe mode (help -> troubleshoot mode)? That temporarily disables all add-ons and any use of hardware graphic acceleration.

"then automatically send the email (with attachment) to my accounting software."
Are you using MAPI to call the default email client (Thunderbird) from something like Excel or are you launching Thunderbird via its shortcut?

Is your accounting software just another email address as far as Thunderbird is concerned?
rubyshroom

Post by rubyshroom »

I don't know about OP, but I will answer for my setup:

Does this problem only occur when the message has an attachment? - yes

Does this problem only occur with PDF attachments? - No, same error with .txt too

Did it used to work with version 91.3.2? If not, what was the last version that it worked? - I'm not sure how to check my previous versions, but I think it's only not worked since the 91.3.2 update. It looks like the last time it worked for me was 22/11/21

Does it work in safe mode (help -> troubleshoot mode)? That temporarily disables all add-ons and any use of hardware graphic acceleration. - No I still get the same error.

"then automatically send the email (with attachment) to my accounting software."
Are you using MAPI to call the default email client (Thunderbird) from something like Excel or are you launching Thunderbird via its shortcut? - I also do this, but I'm opening thunderbird via shortcut, and have it forwarding to my accounts software email

Is your accounting software just another email address as far as Thunderbird is concerned? - yes