Trying to use WeTransfer with TB for large file attachment

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
silversmith

Trying to use WeTransfer with TB for large file attachment

Post by silversmith »

I do not get "WeTransfer" in the dropdown for TB large file attachment services. Just not there, although the HowTo's say it should be. And the others are giving me trouble too (although I'd prefer WeTransfer). Any advise most appreciated.
Peter
LIMPET235

Re: Trying to use WeTransfer with TB for large file attachme

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi Peter,
I don't use the latest version or that feature but see if this page helps you sort things out.

> https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/fi ... ttachments

Otherwise, wait for someone more knowledgeable.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
mgagnonlv

Re: Trying to use WeTransfer with TB for large file attachme

Post by mgagnonlv »

The File Attachment Services are not reliable in the long term.

WeTransfer was available some time ago (maybe 1-2 years ago), but it stopped working once WeTransfer added some "security" features that made it more difficult for people to send a file without an account. I also had similar problems with Dropbox which stopped working until it was updated and with Plik (sometimes people did not receive the file).

Eventually, I reverted to a 2-step process:
1. Use WeTransfer to upload the file. However, in the selection box where you upload the files, click on the three dots to the left of the "Transfer" button and select "Get a transfer link". That way, you will get a transfer link for each of your transferred files.
2. Write your message in Thunderbird. Instead of attaching files, include the link for each of your transferred files.

That way, all your mail will be kept in Thunderbird and therefore you will easily be able to trace files you have sent.
Michel Gagnon
Montréal (Québec, Canada)