TB will not open

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
rgh43

TB will not open

Post by rgh43 »

I did a Restore yesterday and I had to redo the Restore to a different date as my PC wouldn’t boot up except to tell me I needed to fix some problems. So I had to redo the Restore from 1/1/22 to 1/5/22 then the PC went back to it back to its normal operation.
Later when I tried to load my e mail I get this box with the following message and TB is not going to open. Anyone else ever have this issue. I do have another older PC and it will open TB just fine.
If I could figure out how to paste or attach the picture I took I would do that.

What pops up in a box the size of a business card and has a round red circle with
a big X in it

XLU Runner
Error: Platform version '91.4.1 is not compatible with
Red Circle minVersion > = 91.5.0
Big X maxVersion < = 91.5.0

Square box with OK in it. [ OK ]

So TB will not go any farther than this. Any Ideas as I really don’t want to have to reload TB.
I did a Restore yesterday and I had to redo the Restore to a different date as my PC wouldn’t boot up except to tell me I needed to fix some problems. So I had to redo the Restore from 1/1/22 to 1/5/22 then the PC went back to it back to its normal operation.
Later when I tried to load my e mail I get this box with the following message and TB is not going to open. Anyone else ever have this issue. I do have another older PC and it will open TB just fine.

So TB will not go any farther than this. Any Ideas as I really don’t want to have to reload TB.
DanRaisch

Re: TB will not open

Post by DanRaisch »

Clear the browser cache and the Windows Temp directory.
Download a new copy of the full installer from http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird/all
Delete the directory C:\Program Files\Mozilla Thunderbird
Run the installer.

Note that your saved messages, address books, settings, passwords, etc (if any) are stored in a different directory from the program files and will not be removed by deleting the directory identified above.

This thread http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 5#p5239885 has a more detailed version of the above instructions if needed.