Email download fails

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Robert Rath

Email download fails

Post by Robert Rath »

I am using Thunderbird 91.1.5 . I have 5 Email accounts . 4 of them load down at startup the last does not. In the accont preferences both marks are set. If I load the fifth account down manually it works.
How can I get it downloading at startup again ?
DanRaisch

Re: Email download fails

Post by DanRaisch »

How is the problem account set up, as POP or IMAP? In Thunderbird the menu path is Tools->Account Settings->Server Settings->Server Type at the top right of the dialogue.
Try right clicking on the name of the Inbox of that problem account and select "Properties" from the context menu, then click on the "Repair folder" button. Close and restart Thunderbird and see if there is any improvement.
Robert Rath

Post by Robert Rath »

Its a POP Server. The repair button brought no change .
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

First, backup your Profile ( http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_backup )

Create a new sub-folder under Local Folders. Move all of the messages currently in your Inbox to that new subfolder.

Confirm that you have made the recommended backup of your Profile.

Close Thunderbird and navigate to the \Mail sub-folder of your Profile folder. Delete both the file Inbox.msf and the file Inbox with no extension.

Restart Thunderbird and you should find a new, empty Inbox folder in place. Copy any messages you MUST have in your Inbox from the sub-folder created above to the Inbox. Compact the Inbox after those messages are copied in.

The "Real Fix" entry in this article -- http://kb.mozillazine.org/Compacting_folders#Real_fix also describes this process.