Problem with Thunderbird 102

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Varthunder

Problem with Thunderbird 102

Post by Varthunder »

Hi,
Just updated to 102/0 (32 bit) release on my Windows 7. Sent messages were sent but not copied into sent folder in Local Folders. Looking in my account settings/copies and folders I found that "sent" folder on is empty. Chose "local folders" and found that it does not saved into the settings. Did not see any save button. Please help.
Thanks,
David
DanRaisch

Re: Problem with Thunderbird 102

Post by DanRaisch »

How is the account set up, as POP or IMAP? In Thunderbird the menu path is Tools->Account Settings->Server Settings->Server Type at the top right of the dialogue.
Varthunder

Post by Varthunder »

Thank you Dan.
The account is set to POP.
Something I forgot to mention on the original post was that th sending process never ends although the mail is sent. The line "sent" folder on in the account settings is empty since the update.
David
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Are you unable to update that setting to point to the Sent sub-folder under Local Folders and then close and restart Thunderbird?
Varthunder

Post by Varthunder »

This is the situation. I set SENT under Local Folders, close and restart and the setting is not saved. In previous versions, as I remember, there was an OK button in the bottom of the update page. There is no OK button now. I thought about rolling the version back although I have no idea how to do that apart of the possibility of finding an old version (I had 9.10) and try not to lose the emails I have sent since the update to 102.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You would not lose any emails by reverting to an older version, although it would always be wise to do a complete backup of the profile before making any significant changes. http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_backup [Just ignore any references to Mozbackup in that link as that utility has not been maintained or updated in years and is no longer considered reliable.]
Varthunder

Post by Varthunder »

Thank you Dan. It is now midnight here (in Israel), and I will wait for tomorrow to do something. Maybe someone will get an Idea what to do before taking an aggressive step as rolling back version. I have the previous version in my backup, and will try to use it as a no-other-choice action. Surely I will apply your advice to backup the mails before doing that. Anyway, it really puzzles me what happened.
David
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Are other settings being saved? Can you change and save the name of the account (Tools->Account Settings->Account Name)?
Varthunder

Post by Varthunder »

I did not dare to change the account name, but I found that the adaptive junk stop working, looked at the settings and found that the junk setting is empty. Set it as to junk folder in local folders, restarted TB, found the setting saved. Now when a mail is assigned junk, it disappears from inbox, does not land in the junk folder at local folders, but in the trash folder at the account name folder.

If I surrender and install an old version, I will have to introduce the present existing profile that maybe was changed by 102 version to the old version. Can the profile carry the problem I experience now to the old version or will it carry only the emails?
Varthunder

Post by Varthunder »

Furthermore, sending process never ends although a test message is sent and got to inbox.
Will screen shots help in looking at the problem? I tried to use IMG function in the post but it looks to me (as new user of the forum) that i can attach only web images. If helps, please advise how to attach image to the post.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

To post a screen shot: https://web.archive.org/web/20190929163 ... _the_forum

Without posting your full email address, what settings do you have under menu path Tools->Account Settings->Outgoing Server (SMTP)->click on the account name at the upper right of the dialogue:
Server name:
Port # :
User name : (Just tell us if it is your full email address or just the bit before the @ symbol)
Authentication Method:
Connection Security:
Varthunder

Post by Varthunder »

Server name: out.bezeqint.net
Port: 25
User name: full user name before @
Authentication method: Password, transmitted isecurely
Connection security: None