Shockingly, no events in Thunderbird calendar?

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Flycaster

Shockingly, no events in Thunderbird calendar?

Post by Flycaster »

I am using Thunderbird 102.3.0 on PC with Windows 11 (latest update). Also have a Samsung A13 5G. "Provider" used to sync Google calendars and was updated 9/22.

This morning, to my shocking surprise, my TB calendar was missing just about all my appointments for the rest of the year. From today until the end of the year, there were 4 appointments listed out of the original 15. But, all previous appointments for the past months were there. However, the two calendars (they are both synced with TB's calendar) on my android did have my appointments correctly listed (as synced from TB). Hopefully, someone can clue me in as to what's happening and how to retrieve those lost appointments on my PC.

And, BTW, while we're at it, I'd like to know the following: In the left hand vertical pane, with the calendar open, under the month is "Calendar." And, when Calendar is expanded, "Home" and my email address is showing. What are these functions?

Thanks.

EDIT: I'm happy to add that all my Events still appear on my Surface Pro 6's Thunderbird (102.2.2). I will not update this TB because the problem may have been caused by updating the TB on the PC. So, it appears that it's the TB's calendar on my PC that is the problem...
Windows 11, FF Latest, Edge v94, Thunderbird Latest, Defender
Flycaster

Re: Shockingly, no events in Thunderbird calendar?

Post by Flycaster »

To add to the confusion (I assume there is confusion as no one has been able to help me so far,) I just added the missing calendar dates to my PC's calendar and synced with my android and Surface (both of which already had all my events.) The android registered duplicate entries and the Surface just entered the newly added events (no dups.) However, the added events to my PC's calendar just disappeared? It seems that for the months of Oct/Nov/Dec, this TB calendar on the PC just isn't working right. Some help, please. Thanks.
PACarlier

Post by PACarlier »

Same problem reported on TB102 in French forums : https://forums.mozfr.org/viewtopic.php?t=149772
Flycaster

Post by Flycaster »

PACarlier wrote:Same problem reported on TB102 in French forums : https://forums.mozfr.org/viewtopic.php?t=149772
Thanks. Now, isn't that interesting. As I don't speak French, perhaps you could tell me if the thread on the French forum came to a solution?

EDIT: Just read one of the links that was in English (Bugzilla) and apparently there's a bug in that part of the Calendar. So, at least I know it is real issue, but do wonder how come no one on this forum has picked up on it.