delay in Thunderbird

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
fibrolan

delay in Thunderbird

Post by fibrolan »

Hi,

I am using the latest version of Thunderbird (102.3.1 64 bit). I am running a dell laptop I7 with 8g of memory. I have 3600 contacts and I am using Imap for email.

I am getting delays when typing an email. It will just randomly stop and tell me that Thunderbird is not responding and if I am patient and wait 30 seconds it will start working again. This happens quote often, and I am wondering if there is a fix. It is very frustrating.

Robert
DanRaisch

Re: delay in Thunderbird

Post by DanRaisch »

How is that mail account set up, as POP or IMAP?
fibrolan

Post by fibrolan »

Imap
I have been playing around and I think the a
pp mailmindr is slowing the program.
Any other ideas?
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

What is the target for saving Draft messages? Check that under Tools->Account Settings->Copies & Folders->Keep draft message in:?

What time from is set under Tools->Preferences->Composition->General->Auto Save every NN minutes?
fibrolan

Post by fibrolan »

hi

draft folder on my account robert@....com

auto saving every 5 minutes
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

If you don't usually need to work on draft messages from multiple machines, you could switch that save option to point to the Drafts folder under the Local Folders structure of Thunderbird. That would eliminate any potential lags involved in saving the draft message to the server Drafts folder.
fibrolan

Post by fibrolan »

It is only me using the email. No one else.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

Dan isn't suggesting the lag is due to other people using your profile, it might be due to a temporary problem with your email provider or your ISP. Saving the draft in Local Folders eliminates those possibilities.

I suggest you also try using help -> troubleshoot mode (to temporarily disable add-ons, hardware acceleration, and some other features) to see if that makes a difference.

Did this problem only occur after the latest update (to 102.3.1)? 102.3.2 is now available. You might as well see if another upgrade solves the problem.