Problem with new email notifications on linux

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
mark_jd

Problem with new email notifications on linux

Post by mark_jd »

I am using Thunderbird 102.5 on MX Linux. I have two issues with new email notifications:

1. I have set the notification window for new email to stay visible for 10 seconds, but it stays visible for a second.

2. I have set a play sound for new email, but it is not working at all neither with system sound or sound file.

Any idea what might be causing this?
tanstaafl

Re: Problem with new email notifications on linux

Post by tanstaafl »

I've had problems under Windows where if the .WAV file was too small nothing happens. Switching sound files to a larger one worked around the problem.

I'm using the default 10 second setting for new mail notification under both Window 11Pro and Ubuntu (via Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL)) and it appears to work fine. See if safe mode (aka help -> troubleshoot mode) helps. If not, it might be a version specific bug that might go away in a future release. I suggest you find a email notification utility to use as a workaround. Perhaps Bubblemail (http://bubblemail.free.fr) .
mark_jd

Re: Problem with new email notifications on linux

Post by mark_jd »

I tried troubleshoot mode, but still have the same issues. Maybe it's something related to my operating system.