javascript error with Mailbox Alert addon

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
LEC1313

javascript error with Mailbox Alert addon

Post by LEC1313 »

Recently migrated to a new PC, and all is well save for the Mailbox Alert addon now generating a javascript error popup for each new incoming email. Left alone, these popup boxes (which occur in the alert position) accumulate, and prevent any alerts from showing. Clicking 'Ok' in each error dismisses it and displays the alert. This is in itself an 'alert' of course :shock: but rather than a banner that dismisses itself, the error messages persist until dealt with.

The error message is 'cannot find Thunderbird.exe'. I'm unaware of any setting that I should be directing to this location, but it should be an easy fix if someone can enlighten me.

Thanks
morat

Re: javascript error with Mailbox Alert addon

Post by morat »

What versions are you using? e.g. Mailbox Alert 0.30 on Thunderbird 102.7.0

Are you using the default settings? Are you showing a message or playing a sound or executing a command using a path? Does the "Test these settings" button work correctly?

Try testing the Mailbox Alert addon with other addons disabled.

I can't find a similar issue. Try creating an issue on the support site.

Mailbox Alert
http://addons.thunderbird.net/thunderbird/addon/2610

Mailbox Alert issues
http://github.com/tjeb/Mailbox-Alert/is ... dated-desc
LEC1313

Post by LEC1313 »

Yes: Mailbox Alert 0.30 on Thunderbird 102.7.0

And yes to defaults.

Let me dig into this a bit more, and confirm some of your other questions and try your suggestion about other addons.

I appreciate the response for sure. I'll be back.
LEC1313

Post by LEC1313 »

morat ... I think you led this blind man to the answer.

Seems I had "run a command" checked for the "inbox". Darned if I know how that happened, but it sure looks like a mea culpa to me.

Unchecking it eliminated the error message, at least in a test. I'll run it a while and see.

Thanks ... :oops: