userChrome freezing compose window

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Shemja

userChrome freezing compose window

Post by Shemja »

My compose/reply windows have been frozen on my screens for many months. I can only move them corner by corner. They move fine in safe mode and if I disable userChrome (but my TB looks like crap and is hard to use—no go), so I'm assuming the problem is with my CSS.

I tried disabling the compose window section of userChrome as well as global settings (separately) but it did not release the compose window. Any suggestions where else in userChrome the problem might be?

I looked in developer toolbox. I don't know how to use it, but I did find somewhere where it says the Box Model position is static. Perhaps I can write in CSS to make it move again?

Also, once upon a time, when my compose window would still move normally, I could set #composeContentBox to use an image and I'd have what I wanted behind the address and subject lines. When the window stopped moving the image would no longer work. I can get it back just behind the formatting bar if I put in the background image on #FormatToolbar. Any ideas on how to fix this too?

I'm on Mac OS 12.6 and TB 102.5.1. I'm also open to a good resource for how to use developer toolbox.
Shemja

Re: userChrome freezing compose window

Post by Shemja »

Also interesting to note is that in developer toolbox when using the selector to see code for various parts of the interface it won't work on any parts of the compose window. I have no idea if this is normal in toolbox.
morat

Post by morat »

I never heard of a simple css entry freezing the compose window.
Shemja wrote:Any suggestions where else in userChrome the problem might be?
Post your styles using the bbc code tags.

How to get DOM info
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14866214
Shemja

Post by Shemja »

I cleaned up my userChrome file and in the process found a couple missing brackets. I fixed those and my window freed, so problem solved.

Thanks for the DOM info. Invaluable. I was finally able to fix some other things I hadn't been able to touch.