TB will not connect on one pc with same profile

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
tnffuser

TB will not connect on one pc with same profile

Post by tnffuser »

Using TB 102.9, FF 111.01 64 bit.

With Hekasoft, copied TB profile from PC1 to PC2. So each has the same exact profile.

On PC2 am told TB cannot connect to any of my 3 email addresses, connection refused.
Also on PC2, when logging/connecting into all web emails, each says it does not support my FF111.01 64 bit browser and will not connect.

PC1 with TB connects to all email addresses,down loads emails, etc.
Also On PC1, web mail and TB, all email accounts login/connect, no question as to FF111.01 64 bit not being supported.

Can browse on both PCs, so do have internet connection.

On PC2 using "thunderbird.exe" -safe-mode, same results in TB, connections refused.
On PC2 Using "firefox.exe" -safe-mode, same results in FF, browser not supported by web sites.

Suggestions?
DanRaisch

Re: TB will not connect on one pc with same profile

Post by DanRaisch »

What did you copy to the second PC, just the profile or the entire Windows install from the first PC? Are the Windows user IDs excatlyl the same on both systems?
tnffuser

Re: TB will not connect on one pc with same profile

Post by tnffuser »

Copied the profiles only into new install, using Hekasoft..
Actually, no, the newer pc has extra text added to the newer pc user ID.

Found the culprit for the TB refusal to connect to servers.
For some reason the TB executable disappeared from the firewall approval list, re-entered.
All is now ok with TB. Connects and downloads/sends messages from all email accounts.

Also, can now get FF to connect to all my email web email servers, except GMX.
Even installed a spoofer and tried using Chrome useragent, even then GMX says browser not supported.
At a loss as to what it is with FF and GMX.

Not the end of the world as I have the older pc if it becomes really necessary to connect to GMX Web Mail server.
Thanks.